Home Forums Basel support forum Regarding Read More and translation options

Regarding Read More and translation options

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author

germanelx
    Participant

Hello Basel theme,

I want to customize the Read More link so that it shows three dots between parentheses (…) right before the cut is made. At the moment, when I insert a Read More in one of my posts a cut is made without any ‘Read More’, ‘Continue Reading’ or dots letting the reader know that he can keep reading. I have tried solutions offered in Youtube videos (e.g. adding <!–more … –> in the html) but they are either outdated or not supported by Basel Theme. How can this be done in the Basel theme?

My second question is: Can I translate the ‘Sale’, ‘Hot’ and ‘New’ tags into other languages? And the popup? These are the two sections of the website that I haven’t found out how to translate using the Polylang plugin.

Thank you in advance.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for the topic.

We just double checked read more tag functionality on our development theme installation and it work correct. So in case it doesn’t work for you we need to take a look at your web-site and find what are you doing wrong. Write us your web-site link when your web-site will go live.

And here is a function that you can place into your child-theme functions.php to customize read more button output

function basel_modify_read_more_link() {
    return '</p><p class="read-more-section"><a class="btn btn-style-link btn-read-more more-link" href="' . get_permalink() . '">' . esc_html__('Read more', 'basel') . '</a>';
    }

We also checked our POT file and see that menu labels are presented there and ready for translations. You can translate it with PoEdit program or with WPML plugin, we didn’t test Polylang plugin for our theme.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

germanelx
    Participant

I’m sorry but I don’t get neither of the explanations.

What is this chunk of code supposed to do?? I just pasted in functions.php and don’t see any changes. Do I need to overwrite somewhere what I want instead of ‘Read More’? Could you explain further how this works?

The same regarding translating the website. Do you have – or can point me to – any practical videotutorial where you show how to install this PoEdit program (I just saw WPML is not free) and how everything can be translated?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. This code you need to place into child theme functions.php file. Of course child theme need to be activated on your web-site. And after that you are able to change your Read More button just inside this code. What do you want to see instead of the button? Just remove “Read more” words and place some dots or icons as you wish.

2. We don’t have such video tutorial, but you can watch this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX5hh98fNkQ it shows the process for other theme but with Basel it is quite similar. So your steps:

1. Install Poedit program

2. Create a new catalog from the POT file (basel/languages/basel.pot)

3. Save it as a new one with language code in the end. For example basel-ru_RU.po

4. Place into wp-content/languages/themes/basel-ru_RU.po

Hope this will help you.

chlkbrd
    Participant

Hi,

Im having a little trouble with the labels beacuse the translation in spanish makes texts to wide, I`ll like to be able to edit the labels text at will… How can I do this? (Image Attached)

Also, there is one text that is not changing when I edit it on the loco translator. (Image Attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Do you want to change “Offerta” text? Did you try to translate it in WooCommerce POT?

2. Could you please provide your admin access so we can check “select category” translation?

Regards

chlkbrd
    Participant

Hi,

I´ve already adjusted the label`s texts with “Yellow Pencil”, I´m not really a developer and avoid to write code as much as i can.

I´ll give you access to my admin panel so you can check the translate issue on the searh bar… Thanks

chlkbrd
    Participant

I forgot to add… My “NEW” label its not being applied to new products…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. What do you mean by “Yellow pencil”? We don’t see this text on labels on your website.

2. Please, update the theme to the latest version.

Regards

chlkbrd
    Participant

Yellow pencil is a plugin that allows me to change positions and sizes without altering the code… What I was saying is that I´ve already resolved the labels thing… Except for the “new” one…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Where we can see this “New” label?

chlkbrd
    Participant

That`s my same question… I understood the theme came with a “new” label for new products, but a haven´t seen it yet… I tryed creating a new product, still nothing…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, there is no “New” label in WooCommerce and in our theme.

chlkbrd
    Participant

oh, lol… ok… What abot the translation on the search bar?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

About the translation, you need to update the theme to the latest version 3.1.4 firstly.

chlkbrd
    Participant

Ok, I´ll try it as soon as I stop editing. I have another question sorry… Qhere can I edit the footer? I mean, the information that presents…??

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can edit footer widget in Appearance -> Widgets.

Regards

chlkbrd
    Participant

Hello,

I have a new question. I´m developing the site for a client and now he wants the site to have a width of 1220px. I mean, exactly how the “Wide (1600 px)” action works in the theme only with 1220px instead… How can I achieve trhis?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS field in Theme Settings

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
     .wrapper-wide .container {
        max-width: 1220px;
        width: 95%;
     }
    }

Regards

chlkbrd
    Participant

Great! It worked perfectly, thak you very much. Another thing the client asked for was to use another coler under the footer for the copyright and a “htnml block” area I placed with the payment methods… I tryed giving the whole área a color with visual composer but it does´nt work beacuse that area is boxed… Can you suggest me another solution?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to use this code for the background also

.copyrights-wrapper {
    	background-color: #efefef;
    }

Regards

chlkbrd
    Participant

Amazing, you saved me hours… thanks a lot!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome, we are always happy to help you, write us when you have any difficulties or issues with our theme.

And we would be glad if you will rate our theme with 5 stars on Theme Forest in case you are satisfied with our theme and customer service http://themeforest.net/downloads

Thank you in advance 🙂

chlkbrd
    Participant

Hello,

I´m almost done with the web for my client, thganks to you I have been able to save time and I really appreciate it. I`m having a fe issues with the mobile version of the site:

1-The products are barely viewable because the buttons and labels cover them, what can I do to avoid this? (Image attached)

2-Is there a way to show the map and the info over the map in separate places on mobile? It trys to shows over and deforms a lot…?? (I got it on “hide” when mobile because the site is published now so you are not gonna see it…

Thanks for your assistance.

chlkbrd
    Participant

Sorry, I don´t see the image attached… Trying again here…

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. If you want, we can provide you with a custom CSS code to make products view in two columns. It will look much prettier.

2. Please, attach a screenshot to this point also.

Thank you.

chlkbrd
    Participant

Hi, yes I’ll like to try the code. I’ll send and attachment regarding the other topic later. Tank you. Still… isn’t it already showing two columns? i think a product filling the whole screen at a time will be best, is that possible? Can I have both codes to choose the best option? Thank you for your pattience with me!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Add this code snippet to the Custom CSS for mobile devices in Theme Settings

.product-grid-item {
    	width: 100%;
    }

chlkbrd
    Participant

Hello,
    I used the code and I think the issue number 1 it´s been solved. Regarding the issue number two, I attached the images you asked for… As I told you, the info over the map is showing bad and I think, if it load over the map full screen, the map will be entirely covered. So, what can I do so it can display both elementes on mobiles without issues?

I really appreciate your attention and time.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

As we can see, you have added this block with Visual Composer row with columns. In this case, you can edit this column and change its width on mobile devices or hide it at all.

Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)