Home Forums Basel support forum Revolution Slider Error – Crashes Admin CP

Revolution Slider Error – Crashes Admin CP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

J2O
    Participant

Hello,

When trying to enable Revolution Slider which was bundled with the theme I get an error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(572): RevSliderBaseAdmin::addMetaBox(‘Revolution Slid…’, ”, Array, NULL) #1 /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(73): RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox() #2 /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(44): RevSliderAdmin->init() #3 /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(162): RevSliderAdmin->__construct(‘/home/kinkusr/p…’) #4 /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1943): include(‘/home/kinkusr/p…’) #5 /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(164): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘revslider/revsl…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/kinkusr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 71

Running the latest version of wordpress with php7.

How can I get this resolved, will ThemePunch be able to help?

Jay

J2O
    Participant

FYI:

I’ve purchased a Revolution Slider licence and submitted a ticket to them.

If I get enough information about a fix for this issue I’ll post a reply with the details..

Jay

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello there,

Yes, it seems to be a problem with the plugin itself. And, of course, if have their its license, the best way to resolve this problem is to contact plugin’s developers.

Get back to us about the result or if you have any additional questions.

Regards

J2O
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Just fyi you bundle an old version (5.2.6 is bundled with the theme, 5.3.0.1 is the latest) of Revolution Slider with Basel – you may want to update.

Unfortunately the update didn’t fix the problem.

Jay

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you.

Of course, our next theme release will include the latest Revolution slider plugin.

Regards

J2O
    Participant

Hi Guys,

The developers found the solution, which was:

Change line 21 in revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php

from

private static $arrMetaBoxes = ”; //option boxes that will be added to post

to

private static $arrMetaBoxes = array(); //option boxes that will be added to post

I hope it helps other people!
    Jay

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for posting the solution on our forum. We are sure somebody will find it useful 🙂

Kind Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)