Home Forums Basel support forum Search

Search

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Oscar
    Participant

Hi there
    Can I delete the search icon (header top right) so I can have a search page as a seperate page?
    Thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Search icon can be disabled in Theme Settings -> Header -> Other.

Regards

Oscar
    Participant

Thanx
    and then? second part of my question please thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

What do you mean by separate search page? You can create a page in Dashboard -> Pages and place search form widget inside it.

Oscar
    Participant

on admin back panel it has only WP SEARCH
    and it only searches products
    But I need a text search all through the site.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no such kind of search mechanism in WordPress and in our theme.

Oscar
    Participant

strange
    No plugin?

Oscar
    Participant

Any plugin to do that?

By th way can I ask another question: On product detaşl page (compact version)
    There is SKU product code. I need that SKU code to appear just under title before the description. How can we do that please?

(On your demo you dont have SKU but normally SKU should appear under description just above Category: New brands. But I need that under the product title
    https://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/other/new-brands/yomber-jacket-trim/

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, we don’t know any plugin for that.

To move the SKU under the title add this to functions.php file in the child theme

add_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'basel_sku_under_title', 6 );
    function basel_sku_under_title() {
        global $product;
        if ( $product->get_sku() ) {
            echo 'SKU: ' . $product->get_sku();
        }
    }

and this snippet to CSS

.single-product .product_meta span.sku_wrapper {
        display: none;
    }

Oscar
    Participant

tHANX
    I dont have child theme. So to use child theme what I have to do? What should be the structure? Do you have a structural schema? Or can you write down or send me a prnt screen image of child theme folder and its contents please. And what files I should have in child theme to achieve above thing you said. Thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can get child theme from the package downloaded on themeforest. It contains all the required files. So you just need to install and activate it to be able to use it.

Oscar
    Participant

Thank you. One last question here: I m using simplified header layout. And on the menu I want to add a menu item called CATEGORIES so when user clicks on it a Categories page opens so user only sees category list as thumbs. No product list. To do this do I have to create a categories page so I add category thumbs or just one link button does this basically is there a category list template in the theme? thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can create a page using our Visual Composer “Product categories” element for this purpose.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)