Home Forums Basel support forum Search isn't working and I have a few more things I would like adjusted…

Search isn't working and I have a few more things I would like adjusted…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rokstargal
    Participant

Beautiful theme! We love it, thank you.
    I have a few things I am having issues with. Could you please help me with the following:

1) The search bar isn’t working on the website. I turned it off because it would just spin.
    2) Can we change the name in the search bar to read Search Artwork?
    3) Can we change the word on Load More to read Load Artwork?
    4) Wishlist isn’t working… Please adjust.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the search again, if the problem remains, leave the plugins not activated and provide the site admin access to the private area for checking

You can translate all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Best Regards

Rokstargal
    Participant

Hi thanks for your email… I’ve used that plugin you recommended Loco Translate. I’ve changed all the words in the theme from products to artwork. However, in the search bar, it still says Search for Products . I would like it to say Search for Artwork

Can you please look at it and see if you can adjust it please. Log in details are in the private content.

Thank you,

Hello,

Please follow the steps to get the fix:

1. Please upload the file from this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17pRyCpJdReyl_wWyoTduwTUoQQqLkvGT/view?usp=sharing

2. Upload it into this folder deleting the previous one wp-content\themes\basel\languages\basel.pot

3. Find this file wp-content\themes\basel\inc\template-tags.php and replace the code shown on the screen: http://prntscr.com/o2s9ji

basel_header_block_search_extended()

switch ( $search_post_type ) {
    	case 'product':
    		$placeholder = esc_attr_x( 'Search for products', 'basel' );
    		$description = esc_html__( 'Start typing to see products you are looking for.', 'basel' );
    	break;

case 'portfolio':
    		$placeholder = esc_attr_x( 'Search for projects', 'basel' );
    		$description = esc_html__( 'Start typing to see projects you are looking for.', 'basel' );
    	break;

default:
    		$placeholder = esc_attr_x( 'Search for posts', 'basel' );
    		$description = esc_html__( 'Start typing to see posts you are looking for.', 'basel' );
    	break;
    }

switch ( $search_post_type ) {
    	case 'product':
    		$placeholder = esc_attr_x( 'Search for products', 'placeholder', 'basel' );
    		$description = esc_html__( 'Start typing to see products you are looking for.', 'basel' );
    	break;

case 'portfolio':
    		$placeholder = esc_attr_x( 'Search for projects', 'placeholder', 'basel' );
    		$description = esc_html__( 'Start typing to see projects you are looking for.', 'basel' );
    	break;

default:
    		$placeholder = esc_attr_x( 'Search for posts', 'placeholder', 'basel' );
    		$description = esc_html__( 'Start typing to see posts you are looking for.', 'basel' );
    	break;
    }

Synchronize the translations.

Best Regards

Rokstargal
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thank you for your response. I replaced the basel.pot file as noted in your response as well as tried to replace the code that you mentioned in the last response. However, it is still not working. Can I hire you to correct it so the search says Search for Artwork instead of Search for products?

Hello,

Please check your credentials once more and provide FTP access as well.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)