Home Forums WoodMart support forum Shop Sort By Not Working & Pricing Filter Help…

Shop Sort By Not Working & Pricing Filter Help…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi,

I have two queries please:

1. The ‘Sort by’ filter at the top-right of my filter page is not working? This is here:
    https://stewartc12.sg-host.com/shop/
    Do I need to setup this up to configure it to work? I am using the ‘Woocommerce Measurement Calculator’ and ‘Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order’ plugins, but I’ve tried deactivating both of these and still no luck.

Once this works, can I remove the ‘Sort by Popularity’ option?

2. As mentioned above I am using the ‘Woocommerce Measurement Calculator’. This takes the price added in the Woocommerce Regular Price field and divides this by the Shipping Area, enabling you to sell boxed items – i.e. a box of wall tiles or a box of wood flooring.
    Example is shown here, where the regular price is set to £20.50 but the front end price shown is £9.99, as each box has 2.052 m2 in it: https://stewartc12.sg-host.com/product/lifestyle-floors-chelsea-boardwalk-oak/

However, because of this, the ‘Filter by Price’ is not working on the site, as it’s taking the ‘Regular Price’ which has been set against the product. Is there any way to ask the Theme to use the Front end shown price for this filter, instead of the back end Regular price entered?

Kind regards,
    ShakerMaker

Hello,

1. Please disable the plugins not related to the theme and check again. Our theme does not influence this base functionality of Woocommerce.

2. Please make the full backup of your site as well as the Theme settings export and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by Woocommerce.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi,

I have deactivated all non-Theme plugins and the ‘Sort by’ functionality does not work. You can see you yourself here> https://stewartc12.sg-host.com/shop/

Slightly frustrating reply here as I clearly said I’d already tried this in my opening message.

Kind regards.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access to the private area.

Please confirm the permit to deactivate plugins, switch to the parent theme if you use child and check with the Storefront.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Content below.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and update the parent theme and all the related plugins. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Thank you Elise – the update has worked.

Regarding my second question above, I’m not suggesting that the theme is not working here, as I appreciate the theme isn’t built for functioning with measurement-based products. But, with the “Filter by Price” slider type widget, am I able to replicate the slider functionality, but maybe set it so that the value it’s looking at is not price, but maybe attribute 14 or something like that?

Also, could you tell me how to remove the ‘sort by popularity’ filter on the products please, as I’ve removed any rating from the products.

Kind regards.

Hello,

I will check with our dev team and I will get back to you on Monday regarding the issue with the second question.

Please provide me, please the screen that you want to remove, I will provide custom CSS.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thank you. Regarding the second point, I’m looking to remove the ‘Sort by Popularity’ option from the sorting filter on the shop page. This option shown attached.

Kind regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove one item in the list, I can remove all the sorting block with CSS code.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Just wondered if you’d had the chance to speak to the dev team on this matter:

“Regarding my second question above, I’m not suggesting that the theme is not working here, as I appreciate the theme isn’t built for functioning with measurement-based products. But, with the “Filter by Price” slider type widget, am I able to replicate the slider functionality, but maybe set it so that the value it’s looking at is not price, but maybe attribute 14 or something like that?”

Kind regards.

Hello,

In order to remove “Sort by Popularity” please add the code to the functions.php of the child theme:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_catalog_orderby', function( $array ) {
        unset( $array['popularity'] );
        return $array;
    } );

As for the Price filter, unfortunately, it is not possible to change it and make as an attribute.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thank you for this. I don’t actually have a Child theme installed at the moment. I’m 99% complete on the website – will installing the Child theme cause me any issues with the site now?

Also – any luck on the above query on pointing the pricing slider to a different attribute?

Kind regards,

Hello,

Please install and activate the child theme it would in no way influence the site settings.

It is not possible to point the processing slider into different attributes.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

When you view a product, the labels appear in the top-right of the product image. Can these not appear top-left, as they do in the shop view. Screenshot reattached.

Kind regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .product-images .labels-rounded {
        left: 15px;
    }

Is there anything else we can do for you?

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Because I’ve changed the “hot” to “collection only”, the “sale” label isn’t left-aligning.

Screenshot attached. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
    Stewart

ShakerMaker
    Participant

As an alternative here Elise, as I appreciate I’m pushing the boundaries of support. Am I able to just turn off the sale label? I’ve now got the “collection only” label appearing as hoped, so if I can just turn off the ‘sale’ label, I can live without that. Obviously I’ve still like the price reduction to show below the product.

Kind regards and thanks for your help.

Hello,

In order to hide the sales label, add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .labels-rounded .onsale { 
    	display:none;
    }

It would hide the label on the grid and on the product page.

Best Regards

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)