Home Forums WoodMart support forum Shopping Cart Error

Shopping Cart Error

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

addy
    Participant

Earlier this issue was like “sometimes” so we believed it might be due to cache. But we figured out when exactly this error comes in.

Refer Screenshot ( This is after clicking add to cart)

Every time the user adds to cart from the hover functionality, this error comes. If he/she reloads the page and add something again, then there is no error. But user will have to remove extra quantity from the cart again.

If you want to reproduce this error from your side, try adding a product to cart from homepage Hover.

Also help me resolve this glitch.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WooCommerce theme like Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

addy
    Participant

We investigated the issue from our end once again and we found that it’s currency switcher that’s creating problem. When currency switcher is disabled add to cart works perfectly.

1) Please see all the Settings of woocommerce and Currency switcher in order of screenshots.
    2) Just to let you know I am not authorized to provide admin access. Please help me investigate the issue in the best way possible.
    3) I have already tried disabling cache plugin Wp rocket, but no success.
    4) I am capable of adding any additional code if you can tell me where to put it!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If it doesn’t work because of the plugin then you need to contact plugin’s developers for help. We don’t have any code fix for this since it is not a theme-related issue.

addy
    Participant

Hello, it’s a theme related issue. It’s not entirely plugin issue. Understand this.

1) After reproducing that error, reload the page
    2) You will notice that items ARE ADDED to the cart
    3) You will see “1” over the cart icon.
    4) That means Currency switcher DOES NOT create problem with items added to the cart.
    5) The problem is getting displayed in sidebar cart/ checkout option. This is a theme related issue. Right?
    6) Since you mention theme supports that plugin, you know better.
    7) I tried with other themes as you said – storefront and accesspress, it’s working fine with them.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, please, install Storefront and provide us your admin access so we can switch between themes and compare how it works. If it will happen with our theme only, we will need your FTP access as well.

addy
    Participant

Again, admin access is not possible. I am telling you I have already checked, it’s working with other themes such as storefront and accesspress. Can you install currency switcher on your test website and debug the issue please?

I have tested with removing all the PLUGINS. except for Woocommerce and currency switcher.
    You can tell me what changes shall be done, I will do it in admin and FTP myself.

See, someone else had the same issue.
    https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/no-products-in-the-cart-after-add-to-cart/#post-60879

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we just tested it on our website again without any plugins installed and it works without any issues https://gyazo.com/194f6d2923c0155fbab94a7809e05c99
    That is why we wanted to debug it on your website, since only you have this problem on your website.

addy
    Participant

We solved the issue but we have to sacrifice Cloudflare. We found when it’s disabled, there are no
    shopping cart errors. When the currency witcher and Cloudflare are enabled, shopping cart error was produced. Don’t know exactly where the main issue is. Just simply disabled cloudflare and everything is working fine. Any possible ideas are appreciated.

Regarding the admin access, we are planning to clone the website so that we can give you the access next time. We have already reviewed certain softwares for that but if you can suggest us the best one based on your experience, I would really appreciate that.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we don’t know how this service works for you and why it breaks this functionality. As for the hosting, we usually recommend using Bluehost https://www.bluehost.com/

Regards

addy
    Participant

Continuing this thread after a week. Please see everything yourself and help us fix the problem. Shopping cart error is still there!

You asked for admin access and FTP. There are provided below.

addy
    Participant

Test website link is given below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

So you wrote that the problem is caused by Cloudflare, right? In this case, you need to contact service providers for help since it is not related to our theme. It is a problem of the Cloudflare with WooCommerce shopping cart functionality.

addy
    Participant

No, It’s not entirely cloudflare. I am sorry I said that earlier. Things are inconsistent. I mean shopping cart breaks even when cloudflare is disabled.

I would request you to give few minutes on the admin panel. I am sure you will find the issue if you gave 5-10 min on the admin panel. Your expertise is seriously needed.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just added a few products to the cart but didn’t notice any problems https://gyazo.com/66e7546c3fc7aa0b46dfbc8e6f50a87b
    Write us step by step how to reproduce it. Also, disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme.

Thank you

addy
    Participant

I made a screen recording for you to understand. It’s 3.5 minutes. Please watch it patiently and follow the steps to reproduce the error both on desktop and mobile.

I have clarified everything. Sorry for the audio quality (I am not in practice of such things)

Hope it helps!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange, but with the FTP data you provided, we can’t edit any JS files because of some kind of cache. Try to edit the file /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-currency-switcher/js/front.js and increase delay values from 555 and 999 to 3000 for example as shown on the screenshot https://gyazo.com/bcc96a3fd87e1e24066b15f24b044d19

addy
    Participant

I have done the changes you asked for. Please refer the screenshot below. But no luck!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

addy
    Participant

Well, I did the changes. Check now!

1) Add to cart working on homepage without error
    2) But not working on a product page for example – https://testoriginals.website/product/rick-and-morty-canvas-wall-art-hd/

Test both the cases after deleting browser cookies for EACH one separately.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So it stops working on product page only when you do these changes in the file?

addy
    Participant

It doesn’t work in both cases. I mean I revert the file to original and it’s still not working. But it was working earlier atleast mini cart loads up and then crashes.

Have you done some other changes? Because I see hover on products have stopped working.

Should I change the numbers back to 3000?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So the product page add to cart didn’t work also and it is a separate problem, right? In this case, please, check how it works with default WordPress theme. Also, try without AJAX add to cart option in Theme Settings -> Product page.

As for the hover effect, we just changed it in Theme Settings -> Shop. You can revert it back.

addy
    Participant

1) Hover is already on but doesn’t work (See screenshot below)
    2) You saw that video recording, Right? Everything was working fine except mini cart
    3) I believe you might have changed some settings accidentally. Jump into admin panel again!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We meant that you just need to select an appropriate style for your products in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Products style https://gyazo.com/8277e31a498d3202770540b3de2afac0

addy
    Participant

Okay. Please come back to the original issue. It’s very frustrating. Mini cart!

When you asked me to change numbers to 3000. it worked on home page, but add to cart doesn’t work on the product page in either case. We want the mini cart to work. That looks so elegant and we want it working anyhow…

Let me know how can I further co-operate with you to fix this.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you try what we suggested you about the product page?

So the product page add to cart didn’t work also and it is a separate problem, right? In this case, please, check how it works with the default WordPress theme. Also, try without AJAX add to cart option in Theme Settings -> Product page.

addy
    Participant

When AJAX option in product page is disabled, then the Green bottom bar shows up when added to cart. Similar effect on Storefront theme. See screenshots of both below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it is a default WooCommerce behavior and it is possible that the plugin is not compatible with our theme’s custom AJAX function and works only with default WooCommerce function. Did you test this?

addy
    Participant

I don’t know what you mean. Only theme plugins are installed. I have also tested by deactivating currency switcher as well. But mini cart doesn’t show up.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)