Home Forums Basel support forum 'Show basket' button doest not update after removing item from basket widget

'Show basket' button doest not update after removing item from basket widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

xyyp
    Participant

Hi,

After removing last instance of an item from the basket widget, the item’s thumbnail button ‘Show basket’ should change back to ‘Add to basket’.

At the moment it is impossible to add the item back to the basket after removing it without reloading the page – the button behaves like the item is still in the basket.

Can this be fixed?
    Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but we don’t quite understand what do you mean. Could you please provide some screenshot and instruction how we can reproduce it on your website?

Regards

xyyp
    Participant

Try to remove an item from the basket widget and then go to the thumbnail of that item and try to add it again. The button state is now incorrect – there is no item in the basket but the button still reads ‘View cart’. Example images attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we got it. It is how WooCommerce standard add to cart buttons works. If you want, we can’t disable this “View cart” button for you. Please, send us a link where we can see it on your website.

Regards

xyyp
    Participant

The site is not live yet, do you need a domain name? Also, could you point me to the place where I can disable the category links visible on the attached image?

Thank you

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add this code snippet to change this button

.product-grid-item .add_to_cart_button.added {
        display: inline-block;
    }

a.added_to_cart {
    	display:none;
    }

Categories in page heading can be disabled in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Shop page layout.

Regards

xyyp
    Participant

Thank you! One more question: How can I achieve the attached layout with ajax search. I was able to insert html block with regular search bot no ajax funky stuff. Can you point me in the right direction?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This search form should be added to the header as a widget in Appearance -> Widgets.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)