Home Forums WoodMart support forum Site Migration Causes Server-Wide Crash

Site Migration Causes Server-Wide Crash

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

unlemistanbul
    Participant

Hi,
    First of all, i’d like to point out i did everthing to make sure it’s a correct migration, i tried too many times, i read this forum. i even tried all in one migration plugin, but when i migrate the website from one to other, which two of them are in the same server, it causes crash on the website subject of this ticket, and not just this, the rest of the websites (which about 10) resides in the same server crashes. Websites start to slow down and in the end they lost database connection.

One weird thing is when i manually edit the links in the sql database file with a database program then import it, sites working well but migration would end up with no theme settings imported. So frontend would look far from what we created.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

No WordPress theme influences the site migration, either WoodMart does. Please try to migrate the site with All in one WP migrate, it always moves the site properly and correctly.

Site migrations also may depend on the server. In addition, if you customized Database tables, you may have problems with the site migration.

Best Regards

unlemistanbul
    Participant

Thanks for the answer,

What i found out that, since the beginning, after every successful migration i performed, it wasn’t about the migration process itself but the real cause of the crash was updating the permalinks. Everytime i try to update permalinks the site crashes.
    It’s a necessary process because without updating permalinks, inner pages gives 404 error. And now i don’t know what to do.

unlemistanbul
    Participant

Update: Backing up and deleting web.config and user.ini files before updating permalinks seems to do the trick. At least for now i can say.
    But site seems working slow, i will try one of caching plugins out there. Is there anything that you recommend to speed up the ste?

Regardless of this, you can mark this ticket as solved.

Thanks!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Site Migration Causes Server-Wide Crash’ is closed to new replies.