Home Forums WoodMart support forum Strange problem with the Header Builder

Strange problem with the Header Builder

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

fyccn
    Participant

We are trying to add a Facebook Feed widget to the header area of our site. I have increased the size of our logo and changed the CSS for the area to accommodate the new height for this. I have also installed a plugin that lets you run widgets as shortcodes and I’ve added the Facebook Feed widget shortcode as a Text/HTML item in the header builder.

This is working perfectly at the URL provided below.

But on every other page on our site, the Facebook Feed is not executing. I have NO IDEA what would cause such a strange inconsistency. It worked very easily setting it up and I was looking at it on this Test Home page to see how it was displaying. It worked perfectly. But then when I went to our real home page, I saw the Facebook Feed wasn’t present. It isn’t executing at all as there isn’t a trace of it that I can see in the source code.

Note that we do still have another Facebook Feed in the footer. We’ll be removing that one once the one at the top is working across all pages of the site.

Can you determine anything as to why it would be working perfectly, but only on one page of the site and not at all everywhere else on the site? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I’m stumped.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by fyccn.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the settings on your website, please?

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

I’ll set up an admin user account.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Seems that the access is wrong, could you please update it?

https://monosnap.com/file/hl3SXjVkx3nFYORC6RWlq4Xdzw8InR

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Try it again now with info below. Not sure why that didn’t work.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The same situation, the access is invalid, here is a video: https://take.ms/xQAo2

Could you please check the access on your side?

I await your response.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Very strange. Can you send me an e-mail I can use for you? I’ll set it up again and have the system send you the new user notification.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok, here is the email

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

OK, I changed the user e-mail to that and sent a password reset link. Two password reset links *might* have been sent, so use the latter of the two if you got both.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize for the delay.

Could you please disable unnecessary plugins so then we can continue testing the issue on your side?

I await your response.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Done. I’ve disabled many plugins, but there may still be more than can be disabled temporarily without adversely effecting the site. I’ve disabled all the ones I *know* won’t harm anything being disabled. What remains enabled are ones where they can’t be disabled without putting the site into maintenance mode *OR* ones that I might still be able to disable after some study to make 100% sure I won’t be causing any problems by disabling them. Let me know if you need me to go to that effort. Note that we can put the site into maintenance mode temporarily if you’d prefer to disable all plugins. But we’d rather do that during the overnight hours when it is less likely for us to have a lot of site traffic, if possible. If you need to disable all, let me know if we can schedule a time that would work for you that would minimize impact on potential visitors to our site. Thanks.

I’m just stumped as to why the Facebook feed would work fine on that one page, but nowhere else.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please make a staging site and provide the FTP access so we will start to debug the issue?

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

I’m not sure how that will work because we have several premium plugins with their licenses tied to the fyccn.org domain. If we set up a staging site at development.fyccn.org, for example, the premium plugin functionality will break because that domain isn’t under the license. I think the same goes for your theme actually, so I’m not sure how to do this. Will it still work? I know that when we moved the site from development.fyccn.org to fyccn.org to launch this new site, it required nearly a week of work with the site put in maintenance mode to rebuild everything that broke as a result of changing the domain name under the various licenses. All our theme settings reverted to default, all our widgets disabled themselves, and we lost a whole bunch of customized work with Toolset Views when we changed the domain. It was A LOT of work to get everything back.

Please advise on this. I definitely don’t want to have to do all that again.

What we can do instead is you can work on this site as needed and put it in Maintenance mode while working on it. I will make a backup of the entire site in its current form so nothing you try will risk messing it up. Let me know if you’d rather do that. If so, wait until I let you know that the current backup is complete before resuming. Also, if we go this route and you need to put the site into Maintenance mode, if there is any way this can be done during the overnight hours in our time zone here, that would be best. If you can work between midnight and 6am Eastern time USA, that would be ideal. I don’t know where you are located or what your work hours are, but fully understood if these hours are not possible for you.

Sorry this is turning out to be something this difficult and thanks for your willingness to assist with figuring this one out. This is highly bizarre to me. I thought this would take me 10 minutes to set up. It went that way on the first page and I thought everything was fine until I saw the feed wasn’t loading on any other page.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just need the website with default plugins that come with the theme and a plugin that displays the area from Facebook and that’s all. Could you make such a staging site?

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Yeah, I can do that. Give me a bit. I’ll set up a clean WordPress install with your theme, a copied version of our setup of the Header and the Jetpack plugin that provides the Facebook feed.

Note that I have been having problems on other websites with getting the Facebook feed to display as well. But on this one, it displays fine in the footer AND it displays fine in the header where we want it on that single page. It would make more sense if it didn’t work at all anywhere. But maybe Facebook is causing it in some way. I’ll reply here again when the new staging site is set up and ready. I’ll set up the admin user using your same e-mail address, so look for a message about that account as well.

fyccn
    Participant

Give me a bit longer on this. We’re having a very bizarre server problem that our ISPs support is digging into now. That problem is preventing a clean WordPress installation from working. It’s something with file and folder permissions gone haywire. I’ll let you know when it is ready. One more thing that should have taken me a very short time that is turning into a nightmare. I don’t think the problem on the server is the cause of our Facebook feed problem, but anything is possible.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok, no problem. I will wait for your response.

Please feel welcome to reach out to me with any questions you may have and I would be more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Unfortunately, this might be awhile. Our ISP’s advanced support team is working on it, but they might be stumped and we may have to move everything to a new server. More on this as soon as I have the requested staging site set up for you. Sorry for the delay. Please keep this ticket open.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sure, I am happy to wait for as long as needed. No worries.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

OK, I have a staging site set up at the URL provided below:

Note that I’m not 100% sure this site is working as it should. I’ve already fixed a couple of fatal errors. Our ISP fixed the problem issue, but we’re not 100% it is fully fixed. The fix they provided got me past one problem, but there may still be others. Let me know if you see anything that isn’t working like it should.

I added your user account, so you should get a system e-mail about that. Let me know if you’re able to get in.

I’ve only installed the Woodmart theme and the Jetpack plugin used to create the Facebook Feed widget we’re trying to display in that top right area. I tried exporting the theme settings from our live site and importing them in this staging site, but that didn’t work to get the Headers Builder | Header Toys setup in there. I have not set up the theme licensing for the staging site. Let me know if you need me to do anything further with the setup here.

Note that I’m also trying different plugins for displaying this same Facebook feed, but so far I haven’t had any luck with any of them in getting the output we want. There is one that worked for display, but they want you to get the premium version of the plugin to have any flexibility in templating. I’m trying a couple more free options first. I’ll let you know if I find something that works as needed.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok, understood.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Were you able to get in? Did you need me to do anything else?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yep, I can log in. The same license key from the live site can be enabled for the staging site, so please try to activate it and update the theme to the latest update. Also, there is any chance that you will enable the same area in the header from Facebook?

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Where do I get the license key? I’m seeing the purchase code in our download from Themeforest. I don’t remember if that’s what I used as the license key or not. I’m not seeing the license key on the Theme License page on the live website. I just see a button about deactivating. I don’t want to do that. So I’m not sure where to find the license key.

As for enabling the same area in the header from Facebook, I’m not sure what you mean there.

I just tried importing your Toys demo content into the staging site and got this error:

AJAX import error. Try to disable all external plugins and run the import again. If it doesn’t help, contact our support center for further assistance.

I don’t know if this happened because of the problems we’ve been having with the server or if it is because haven’t set up the license key for this staging site yet.

Also note that I see that our paid support period is ending in 3 days. I’ve notified our director about this and we should be renewing that for another six months shortly. I just have to get his approval on that. It will be done ASAP.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by fyccn.

fyccn
    Participant

Paid support renewed for another 6 months now.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can upload the latest update of the theme via Theme Forest or you can activate the current with the help of the below article, which describes how to find the key.

https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202822600-Where-Is-My-Purchase-Code-

Then when you will have the latest update, try to import some demos again.

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

OK, I have the theme activated on the staging site now. I wasn’t sure if the purchase code is the license key.

I tried updating the theme and got this error:

An error occurred while updating Woodmart: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Is this possibly another of our server problems? I hope not.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Such an error is described in our article about updating the theme: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/

https://take.ms/Ec72m

Please check it and do the steps to resolve it.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

OK, I have the theme updated by downloading and installing it manually. I was able to import the Toys demo content.

But now I have two more issues. The first should be easy. How do I export/import our modified header from the live site into this staging site? Or do I have to redo the modifications manually?

The second might not be easy. After doing the things I had to do with the theme, I’m now getting these errors on the staging site:

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 7053

Deprecated: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 2165

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 7053

Deprecated: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2165

Notice: tk_ai cookie cannot be set – headers already sent by ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 7053 in ../public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-core-functions.php on line 1101

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:7053) in ../public_html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1431

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:7053) in ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6896

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:7053) in ../public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:7053) in ../public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 1156

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at ../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:7053) in ../public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 1157

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Please read our documentation on how to import/export header: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-export-import-headers/

2. Could you please describe on how I can replicate those issues on my side?

Kind Regards

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)