Home Forums WoodMart support forum Strange problem with the Header Builder

Strange problem with the Header Builder

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

fyccn
    Participant

OK, I was able to import the header from the live site into the staging site. But I still can’t figure out how to make this header the default header. I tried what’s on this page:

https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-set-default-header-for-website/

But clicking on the star just opens the edit page for the header. I’m not seeing how to change where the star appears. I don’t know if this isn’t working because of the errors I’m getting or not.

I have no idea how to replicate the errors I’m getting as I don’t know what caused them. It is possible that there is something wrong with the theme demo content installation. But it is also possible that it has to do with the previous server problems we were having where I’d need to get our ISP to investigate this. But for now, I’m inclined to just ignore these errors to see if the Header works with the Facebook Feed here. If it still doesn’t work, then I’d say I should solve these errors to make sure they aren’t interfering. But given that this is just a staging site, I’m not inclined to put a lot of effort into solving these errors unless it is necessary for the purpose of our testing. If the Facebook feed works with this header here, then we probably can just keep ignoring these errors.

Is there anything else you need set up on this staging site?

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by fyccn.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can make the header as a default via Theme Settings -> General -> Header.

https://take.ms/eeMY8

Only the “Facebook Feed” in the header will be enough on the staging site so let me know when you will show it and we will start to debug the issue.

I’d be happy to assist if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

I keep having crazy situations impeding my progress with this. First it was the server issues setting up the staging site. Now I’m finding that the plugin we’re using to place this widget shortcode in the header area is no longer supported or available for download through the Add New area for plugins.

The plugin is amr shortcode any widget. It is a very important piece to our website, so this problem is bigger for us than just solving the problem in this ticket.

Do you have any advice you can share about this? We need a plugin that can turn a widget into a shortcode so it can be placed anywhere on a page. I can still download this plugin and install it manually, but am worried that it now might be a security risk. Do you know of any other way to accomplish turning any widget into a shortcode?

fyccn
    Participant

OK, I found something that works. It’s a plugin called Widgets on Pages. It allows me to have a widget sidebar that can be used anywhere with a shortcode. I’ve added that to the header area to the right of the logo.

I have this set up on the staging site now and it looks like it is working on all pages with the Jetpack Facebook Feed plugin. Note that the home page is still using the default header, but if you go to any subpages on the site, you can see the default header I’ve assigned working. If you can make the home page use the default header, that would be better just to see it there, but I’m not sure how to do that any more.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok, I have changed the home header to the header with the Facebook feed. Also, I see that it started to work on each page, here is a video: https://take.ms/mRt1I

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please let me know. I’m always happy to assist you.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

Yeah, it was working on the staging site. But I still have no idea why it is doing what it is doing on the live site. Any ideas on how to get it to work on the live site? It makes no sense whatsoever to me why it would work on that single test page, but nowhere else. There is nothing different about that test page that I can think of, but it works only there.

Understood if our test here proves it isn’t a theme issue, meaning it’s not something you can help with. But I still have no idea what’s stopping it from working. This would be easier to solve to me if it wasn’t working on all pages of the live site, or at least it would make more logical sense. But whatever is blocking it isn’t blocking it only on that single page.

Is there a way I can replace the theme header with an Elementor header? If you have no other possible solutions for me to try, then I think that would be my next step here. It’s not because I’m dissatisfied with your theme’s header. It’s just because I’m grasping at a straw to simply try to find something that will work, even if it makes no logical sense why it would work. If I try that and the results are the same, then I’d just restore the theme header we’re using. I just can’t think of what else to try here. This is blowing my mind that something that should have taken 10 minutes to add is giving me this much difficulty. I’m not blaming your theme at all here. I’m just frustrated that I can’t get it to work on the live site.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case, will be better to provide admin and FTP access to the dashboard of the live site and we can investigate the issue directly on the site where such an issue appears.

I await your response.

Kind Regards

fyccn
    Participant

OK, I’ll make another full backup of the site. Let me know if you need to disable plugins as a test that will break site functionality at any point. I can put the site into maintenance mode, but we may have to wait for certain days/times to do that, which I would have to hope would coincide with days/times you could look at it. Thanks for anything you can help with on this. I’m stumped.

fyccn
    Participant

Wait a minute. I got it to work. I set up a plugin called Widgets on Pages. We have to abandon a different plugin we were using called amr shortcode any widget because it has been deleted from WordPress and the plugin author is no longer maintaining it. I just added this Facebook plugin to the widget area provided by Widgets on Pages and used the shortcode for it and it is displaying. It isn’t using the width I picked, but it is showing, so that’s progress.

fyccn
    Participant

Hey! I got it to stretch to the width I wanted. It’s working now. Hallelujah! What an ordeal.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Great, glad to hear that.

So as I right you understood, you have solved the issue. In this case, just let me know so I will close this ticket.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)