Home Forums WoodMart support forum Switching to WP Bakery broke my site

Switching to WP Bakery broke my site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

offgridcircuits
    Participant

I installed the theme and was toying around with Elementor and all your documentation is directed to WP bakery. So i deactivated Elementor and Activated WP. It totally destroyed my site, but I have just started building only one home page.

Can I trash the whole theme and start from scratch and reimport it and use WP Bakery? Or if I reimport it will it cause more problems with duplicate files etc.

Hello,

You need to reinstall all: upload theme on the net WordPress installation chose one builder, set it in Theme Settings > General and then upload the demo (if you want) and build your site.

Best Regards

offgridcircuits
    Participant

Deleted the parent and child themes. Reinstalled the woodmart theme and selected the “tools” demo content.

Nothing changed. Site is still blown up and a FU%$^#G Japanese theme demo content exists now and I do not know how to fix it.
    All I did was change to WP Bakery and the site exploded and all the content is messed up.

offgridcircuits
    Participant

Deleted the themes (parent and child) on FTP and reinstalled the theme.

Activated plugins including WP Bakery builder and was sure it was set in the general tab.

Imported the base and the Tools demo.

After all that, the megamenus in the demo are broken.
    WP Bakery does not exist (plugin is there and activated) to select on any pages for editing and questions on how to locate the HTML blocks associated with the demo content so I can edit them to show my content.

Hello,

I am checking your site and I see it has been installed and imported well. Now you need to configure mega menu.

Please follow this instruction on how to do that: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/create-menu-2/

Megamenu is created in HTML blocks, please find the manual on how to do that: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/

You can take one of the existing from your demo and create your own and assign it.

Best Regards

offgridcircuits
    Participant

Yes, I got that far on doing a new template import.

The “edit with wp bakery” does not seem to work. The plugin is installed and activated.
    When I click to edit in WP, it goes to a text/html editor. See the attached screen shots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

offgridcircuits
    Participant

STOP TELLING ME TO READ INSTRUCTIONS!! I HAVE READ ALL OF THEM AND EVERY ISSUE I BRING UP IS NOT ADDRESSED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS!!

SOMETHING IN YOUR THEME BROKE MY SITE CONSTRUCTION AND MANY ITEMS NOW ARE MISSING OR DO NOT WORK AS THE INSTRUCTIONS STATE!

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access to the private area I will check your HTML blocks and settings.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)