Home Forums WoodMart support forum Theme installation failed

Theme installation failed

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, below error message came out during the theme installation. Please advise. Thanks.

Destination folder already exists. /home/coronacr/public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/

Theme installation failed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please delete the theme folder of the previous version and upload the new version.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, May I know where should I go to delete the previous version?

Upload again through wordpress admin?

Please advise, thanks.

Hello,

You can delete the theme from admin: Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > activate any theme for a while, then enter the Woodmart and delete http://prntscr.com/k7jyf8

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, as I have applied my own setting and design to the theme, by activate other theme, will this cause me losing all my own setting and design?
    Please advise, thanks.

Hello,

We always recommend making the full backup of the site before updating. Actually, everything should remain the same.

Make backup and update.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, I just follow your instruction delete and reupload again the woodmart.zip file, the result is still the same. Please advise, thanks.
    Destination folder already exists. /home/coronacr/public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/

Theme installation failed.

Have you made the full backup of your site?

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, yes I have made the backup. May I know what should I do now?

Hello,

Please provide your FTP access.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your attention.

Hello,

The issue has been fixed. We have deleted the folder via FTP and uploaded the theme.
    Please check.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for your help.

1. May I know how you update the theme?

2. In fact this is my first time encounter the problem of upgrade the theme through wordpress admin, May I know why such error occurs? Is this a bug from the woodmart theme?

3. In dashboard, the failure error message is still on top, how to get it removed since the theme is now updated? (Attached: dash.jpg)

4. In Woodmart theme version 2.8, WPBakery Page Builder plugin version is already updated to 5.5.2, however my WPBakery Page Builder version is still 5.4.7. (Attached: dash.jpg)

5. I realized there are some settings are affected after this upgrade, I remember you shared that the upgrade won’t change any of the theme’s setting? Attached is the affected area, not sure are they anymore area of the website is affected…(Attached: setting.jpg)

6. As attached, there is no theme being selected. Do I need to switch back to the theme(fashion-flat) which I used previously? (attached:theme-version.jpg)

Please advise, thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

1. Activate your theme license to get the automatic update, follow the instruction here: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/

2. The problem occurred due to your server settings. Usually, when you delete theme folder from admin it should be removed fully, more likely it is the issue of the rights.

3. The error notification relates to WordPress update, not to the theme.

4. Navigate to Install plugins and update, if it does not help, try via FTP: remove the plugin folder and upload the new version. Upload the plugin archive from theme/inc/plugins/js_composer

5. You will need to assign menu again and add Footer widgets when you activate the license and update the theme automatically, you will not have such problem again

6. No, you do not need to set the demo again, moreover, if you do, all the settings will change.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

1. I already got my theme license activated previously. In fact I had tried the automatic update few times without any problem. This is the first time I encounter the failure. Do you have the reason why the automatic update will fail this time?

2. May I know how you help me to update the theme eventually? Please share with me the details so I may try it from my end in future before trouble you.

3. Just to clarify, the setting for menu and footer is affected is it because of the theme switching previously?

Please advise, thanks.

Hello,

1. Please try to update any default theme just to see if the problem caused by our theme. More likely this is caused by rights configuration on your server.

2. I have deleted the theme folder via FTP and uploaded the new version.

3. Menu and widgets can reset even if you switch between themes.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi,

I will update you again if I am facing any problem for the theme update.

1. For the deleted theme folder in FTP, may I know if the below location is the one you deleted? Which folder you upload to the FTP? the whole woodmart.zip?

wp-content/themes

2. May I know how to add the content back to the Top Menu’s blog tab? (Attached: blog.jpg)

Please advise, thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

Yes, you delete theme from wp-content/themes

You upload only theme folder into FTP.

As for menu –

Navigate to Woodmart > Head builder http://prntscr.com/iyd2pe

Choose the proper header type (your current) http://prntscr.com/iyd333

Add a secondary menu and choose the proper one http://prntscr.com/iyd3h3

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

I can’t find a folder called “theme” inside woodmart.zip. Are you referring to “woodmart”? But inside “woodmart” folder are all my files with my own setting in it, replaced it will make all my own website setting gone?

I have a main menu in the main header. I would like to add the “Recent Posts”, may I know how to add it to my blog tab? I can’t find it in this header builder function.

Please advise, thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

Yes, I mean woodmart.zip it should have only theme files and folders. It is important to avoid woodmart.zip > woodmart.zip

add the “Recent Posts”

You need to create an HTML block containing recent post with WP Bakery Page builder and add this block as a mega menu https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/create-menu-2/

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

The blog menu was there before the update and theme switching. And now I just want to put it back instead of recreate everything from the scratch.

Fyi, I adopted the blog menu’s design (recent posts) from the flat-fashion theme, could you point me out where should I go to have the setting back?

Please advise, thanks.

Hello,

Do you have any testing host where you can unwrap your backup to take settings and move to the live site?

If you want settings for flat-fashion, navigate to Woodmart > Base Import and import Flat-Fashion demo, be careful importing demo will rewrite all the settings.

The best way is to extract the settings from the backup and move to the live site.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

I found the previous setting and select the HTML block for the blog post in menu, however the website menu’s blog tab is still empty. Do you have any idea?

Please advise, thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

Here is your menu item and mega menu block http://prntscr.com/k96cw2

Here is what the HTML block contains http://prntscr.com/k96dpd

You need to add the widgets here http://prntscr.com/k96e3n

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

I am currently checking with my hosting provided on the server setting which was highlighted previously.

The problem occurred due to your server settings. Usually, when you delete theme folder from admin it should be removed fully, more likely it is the issue of the rights.

The Hosting Provided would like to know in details on what right permission is referring to? File and folders permission? Please clarify further.

Thanks for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We don’t know exactly why it wasn’t removed completely and which permissions are missed. Actually, it doesn’t depend on our theme and it may be a problem with any installed theme on your website.

Regards

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)