Home Forums WoodMart support forum Too many database calls – error 503 and database error

Too many database calls – error 503 and database error

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

schnittverhext
    Participant

Hello dear team,

after switching to the Woodmart theme, I don’t get the page to work properly.

An immense number of database queries are started, which then lead to the page becoming slow, then a 503 error and finally a database error.

e.g. find extremely tired of queries of this kind that are started every time a page is accessed:
    SELECT post_id, meta_value
    FROM wp_postmeta
    WHERE meta_key = ‘_wp_attached_file’
    AND meta_value = ‘… various image files …’

Wouldn’t it be possible to summarize these calls?

I’m slowly desperate because I would love to use your theme.

Warm greetings
    Lina

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Could you please uninstall our theme and disable third-party plugins so we can try to activate it and check how it works?

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

schnittverhext
    Participant

Can the child theme stay?
    So that no settings that have been made by the agency are lost.

If you log in you can see what has been set there.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, keep the child theme deactivated also. The problem might be caused by the agency changes as well.

schnittverhext
    Participant

What then happens to all created html blocks? They’re gone after all, or is there a way to save them?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

HTML Blocks created in your Dashboard will not be lost.

schnittverhext
    Participant

Hi there,

so I found this article of yours by accident and followed the points under step 2.

Now the loading time of the page is much better and when I move around in the individual shop categories, these many inquiries are no longer made.

However, the inquiries are still made on the home page.

Maybe you could look without me having to delete the theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a screenshot of these inquiries so we can understand what problem still remains?

schnittverhext
    Participant

For example, if I call up the start page, then the Query Monitor shows me a lot of queries of this type. (see the screenshot)
    These queries are slow and very many, which apparently means that the start page takes a long time to set up.

When you log in, you can see it right away.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to remove the brands element from this page temporarily and check how it works.

schnittverhext
    Participant

Yes, this will minimize the queries.
    Too bad, because I would like to have it in use on this site.

Is there a solution for this that these queries can be combined if necessary?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to limit the number of brands there. We will fix this query problem in our next theme update. But you will need to reupload brand images after the update to make sure that they are stored with a new mechanism.

schnittverhext
    Participant

Thank you, then I will leave it deactivated for the time being on the start page and wait for your update.

Thank you for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome! Feel free to contact me if you have any further concerns.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)