Home Forums WoodMart support forum Trouble with thumbnail regeneration

Trouble with thumbnail regeneration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gisli
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m currently experiencing an issue with my product thumbnails. This is the first time I’ve encountered this issue using Woodmart so I’m a little stumped.

For some reason my product thumbnails seem to be ignoring whatever sizing rules I set in the Customizer. Every product thumbnail is being generated with the sizes 350x400px or 400x457px. It doesn’t seem to matter what I do, something seems to be overriding my rules and forcing these sizes. When using the plugin Regenerate Thumbnails I see the offending sizes listed below my rules with the notification that they are no longer used by WordPress and are safe to be deleted. Running the thumbnail regeneration and deleting those sizes works until you visit the product catalogue again, where the thumbnails seem to be regenerated once again in either 350x400px or 400x457px.

I’ve looked all over but I just can’t seem to find what’s forcing this size on my thumbnails. Ideally I’d only like to have a set width, and have no cropping on the product image, due to my product images having different aspect ratios. I can then set the width and height using CSS. But since it’s forcing a width AND height all the thumbnails are returning cropped.

Any suggestions?

gisli
    Participant

Never mind!

Rubber ducked the problem by telling my colleagues about it, and doing so realized these sizes were probably being added to the element by the container. So I opened up elementor and checked the widgets and voila! I had for some reason set the sizes in there a while ago.

Feel free to close this topic 🙂

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi gisli,

Thanks for reaching to us.

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Keep us in mind for future questions and concerns, we’re always here to help!

Regards,

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Trouble with thumbnail regeneration’ is closed to new replies.