Home Forums Basel support forum Varnish cache conflict

Varnish cache conflict

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

pursehuit
    Participant

Hello,
    I discovered with the guys from our hosting service (cloudways) that the theme Basel is conflicting with varnish cache enabled on the server side. The problem is on every page in frontend I get a MISS from varnish cache, instead of HIT.
    I tried to exclude all the cookies from the theme and also from all the plugins that we use, but still get a MISS.
    The only way I got a HIT was when changing the theme with default one from WordPress. So deffinetly there is a theme conflict with varnish cache. Maybe a cookie that is not showing up and can’t exclude it.
    Please take a look on our website.
    I have these problem on both sites we running Basel theme + cloudways hosting + varnish cache.
    Thx,
    Costin.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe to us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us with a list of steps on how to reproduce it on your website.

Thank you in advance.

pursehuit
    Participant

You can reproduce by checking if the cache is getting a HIT as it should from varnish cache server. You can do this in developer tools in Chrome, Network tab, click on Pursehuit.ro and then on Headers and you will see x-cache: MISS (like in the screenshot attached). According to our hosting developers, the varnish cache has to return a x-cache: HIT status, this means that the page is served from cache. With Basel theme activated I receive a MISS status. IF I change the them, I get a HIT status, that means the page is servered from varnish cache. So there is a conflict somewhere between Basel theme and varnish cache.
    You can check the staging website we have, with the same configuration as the live one.
    So basically, with Basel theme enabled we can’t use varnish cache from our server end.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, please, disable all external plugins and send us your admin and FTP access so we can troubleshoot the problem.

We don’t see the x-cache header on your staging website.

pursehuit
    Participant

I sent you the admin access in the last reply.
    and now the ftp access

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But as we said, there is no such problem on the staging website.

pursehuit
    Participant

Yes. I dont understand why x-cache is not showing on staging site anymore. Varnish and other settings are enabled like on the live.
    You can check the headers on live and you will x-cache MISS.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, but you didn’t provide the admin and FTP access from your live website. We see the problem but not able to troubleshoot it.

pursehuit
    Participant

Its the same ftp access info. Check the private mention.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, please, disable all external plugins and allow us to switch between themes to see the difference.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

And we are not able to connect to your FTP https://gyazo.com/a15804b349ac58e4cef0d6c47a50b5bc

pursehuit
    Participant

I cant disable plugins or change the theme on live site because its a live site with live customers who order any moment. I asked now hosting developers to check the staging site and why x-cache is not showing up in headers.

pursehuit
    Participant

Ok. Back to staging app, I disabled all the plugins and changed to twenty twenty theme and x-cache is showing HIT now.
    You can check again to log on ftp.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are testing your website with Storefront theme and don’t see this header also https://gyazo.com/3f8aef72bfe5be0485ddae897f21fd52

pursehuit
    Participant

So it has to be some cookies.
    Can you tell me all the cookies Basel theme is using? So I can exclude them on live site from varnish cache and check if its working this way.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can read an information about our theme’s cookies in the documentation here https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/faq-guides-2/gdpr-compliant/

pursehuit
    Participant

Unfortunetly I cant figure it out. I still get a MISS even if I exclude all the theme cookies. The fact is with default theme Twenty Twenty a get a HIT for every page. As you said, with basel and even storefront I get only MISS. So its a theme related problem because only with theme activated and all plugins disabled I get MISS.

pursehuit
    Participant

I checked again with storefront and I get HIT on every page.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we are not able to fix this problem for you. We tested this with Storefront and see the same problem. If you think that it is related to our theme only, you can request a refund here and we will return your money back https://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)