Home Forums Basel support forum Website broken with Basel error messages

Website broken with Basel error messages

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sovrgn
    Participant

Hello,

To do some tests I deactivated all mu plugins, then activated a few of them. However this broke my website. And now I’m getting from my website only a blank page with the error messages I’m sending you in Private

Please let me know what to do I can’t even go to the backend and restore a backup…

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

The blank page says that there is some PHP fatal error. In your error logs there are only Notices messages and they can’t break the website completely. Try to contact your hosting providers and ask for more information about the problem.

Regards

sovrgn
    Participant

I’ve contacted the hosting provider and they said it’s not a PHP error.
    Looking at the logs it says FATAL error though on top of the 2 notice errors, see below:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_shop() in /public_html/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php:46 Stack trace: #0 /public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): basel_body_class(Array) #1 /public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #2 /public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php(770): apply_filters(‘body_class’, Array, Array) #3 /public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php(557): get_body_class(Array) #4 /public_html/wp-content/themes/basel/header.php(20): body_class() #5 /public_html/wp-includes/template.php(688): require_once(‘/home/achatclou…’) #6 /public_html/wp-includes/template.php(647): load_template(‘/home/achatclou…’, true) #7 /public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(41): locate_template(Array, true) #8 /public_html/wp-content/themes/basel/page.php(11): get_header() #9 /p in /public_html/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 46

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to install and activate the WooCommerce plugin for our theme.

sovrgn
    Participant

So this is why my website is broken? How can I do to activate it since it’s broken now…

Hello,

Enter your site via FTP, find the theme folder and rename the folder. After that enter your site. If you cannot enter the site after the theme folder renaming it means that site is broken and the theme does not influence you will need to reinstall WP from scratch.

Best Regards

sovrgn
    Participant

I’m getting this message so it doesn’t seem I can just deactivate the theme: The parent theme is missing. Please install the “basel” parent theme.

How come your plugin is making my site crash just by deactivating it? There must be other ways to build it that doesn’t make the site crash once deactivated?

sovrgn
    Participant

Update:
    I managed to switch to the default twentyseventeen theme by adding code on the functions.php file and I confirm the site is now NOT broken anymore.

So it confirms the issue is with the basel theme.
    What’s your advice to troubleshoot?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we said, you need to activate the WooCommerce plugin first. Then, go to Appearance -> Themes and enable our theme.

sovrgn
    Participant

Ok that worked thanks for your support!

Are you going to fix the issue with the site being broken when we deactivate woocommerce plugin with your theme? I believe breaking a website whatever plugin we deactivate is not a good behavior

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we will fix this in our next theme update.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)