Home Forums WoodMart support forum Website Perfomance

Website Perfomance

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

keizershaquil
    Participant

Hello guys,

I’m really worried about the website speed, I having a loading time of 20sec which is a lot considering that many people in my country have slow internet which will make them leave the website. I tried various methods while searching the internet, but it just helped a bit. So I would like your insight on what might be happening. I also contacted my host providers Flywheel, and they found something on the cart that is taking a long time to respond (please see attached screenshot). Could you have a look at what is happening?

Best Regards,
    keizer Osman

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

keizershaquil
    Participant

sent the wrong screenshot. please check this one

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In general, our theme is already optimized and don’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images or other resources. So we suggest you to remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify and a caching plugin like WP Super Cache or use WP Rocket for both tasks. Also, you can use GTmetrix tool to see what makes your website slow and optimize these parts of your website.
    This request is a part of the WooCommerce plugin and you can see that it happens with other themes as well.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

keizershaquil
    Participant

Hello Artem,

Thank you for the feedback, I will see what I can improve with those suggestions. About the request, its taking way more time than on your website, why is that happening?

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This request time depends on the server performance and our theme doesn’t influence it.

keizershaquil
    Participant

hello artem, I’m using Flywheel and they said that their server is responding really fast according to those gtmatrix tests. What hosts do you usually recommend?

Two days ago I contacted Flywheel because the icons on my website are not showing up, they investigated and replied the following:

“I’ve just taken a look over the reported CORS issue but it seems that actually, this is not a fault on our side. From looking at the request it’s looking for a file at https://gn0afm3ftg-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/fonts/woodmart-font.ttf however this returns a 404 not found error when visited.

To make sure this was not just a CDN error I checked for the file directly on the server at https://krolyc.co.mz/wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/fonts/woodmart-font.ttf and that also returns the 404 not found error.

I did check in the woodmart-child theme folder and there is no /fonts folder so this is likey an issue coming across from the parent theme.

I’m unsure where the call is being made, most likely the theme somewhere but that will need a developer to take a poke around to find and remove the call if possible.

I want to note the overall site/theme performance is quite low and does output a number of errors in the console, because of this we would definitely suggest having a theme developer give the site a once over to see if there is anywhere you can trim the site to work efficiently as right now it feels like it’s trying to load a lot of content and process many functions.”

Could you please have a look at the website?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Actually, this file shouldn’t be loaded from the child theme folder. It is located in the parent theme and you can find it there. Maybe you have added some code to the child theme that overrides it. We checked your website errors and see that most of them come from WordPress and installed plugins. There is something wrong with your website configuration. There are no errors related to the theme there.

Regards

keizershaquil
    Participant

Hello Artem,

I’ve made a test where I deactivated all plugins besides the following:

CMB2
    Contact Form 7
    Massive Addons for WPBakery Page Builder
    Redux Framework
    WooCommerce
    WooCommerce Blocks
    Woodmart Core
    WPBakery Page Builder

The errors persisted. I proceed to change the theme to storefront and the error disappeared. Could you check what I wrong?

Best Regards,
    Keizer Osman

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, send us all the access so we can test. Be sure that you didn’t place any code to our theme’s code and custom JS section in Theme Settings.

keizershaquil
    Participant

alright. the credentials are on the private content

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You have 52 plugins active. Please, disable them first.

keizershaquil
    Participant

I’m currently outside of the office, feel free to disable or make any changes

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have disabled plugins and now there are no errors in the console https://gyazo.com/f2b7c6735bd0158bdf38203aaf28b553

keizershaquil
    Participant

Ohh, maybe it was left in the cache. which ones remained active?

keizershaquil
    Participant

hello my friend,

I’ve noticed the website is different, the navigation buttons such home, shop, are gone and changed to newsletter and contact us. Also, one of the footer contents are duplicated. Could you give me a feedback on that?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We disabled plugins on your website and switched to the parent theme. Try to reactivate them again and check how it works.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)