Home Forums Basel support forum will not install

will not install

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

igasp4air
    Participant

Hello. For some reason my Basel will not install. My wordpress updated. I am using wp version 4.7.2 and don’t know if this is a compatibility issue? It installed previously but I decided to start from scratch and I uninstalled and reinstalled wordpress to get a clean version and am now trying to install basel theme. it just hangs..then a box pops up saying are you sure you want to do this? with a link to click “try again” but it just takes me back to the theme install page. I’ve tried several times. I already installed visual composer however that can not be activated because there is a down for maintenance error on the envato site!
    Yes I am installing the zip file.
    I’m installing from the dashboard of wordpress. Other themes are working and able to be installed and activated. This is only happening for the Basel theme. Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

Actually, this is a widespread error that is very easy to fix. If you are installing your theme from the WordPress theme installer, but get a message that says Are you sure you want to do this?, most likely your web server is configured with low PHP settings that only allow a certain size ZIP file to be uploaded via WP admin.

Almost all hosting servers configure their servers to only have the maximum file upload size limit at 8 MB. The Basel theme ZIP is currently about 20 MB in size which is due to the included plugins and all the demo content. So if you get this error, your web server is rejecting the upload due to the the size of the basel.zip file. WordPress is unfortunately giving you a rather ambiguous message in response. This is not a theme issue or bug.

There two ways to solve this problem.

You can get your web host to increase your PHP limits so a larger zip file is allowed to be uploaded. They will know which limits to set if you explain the issue. Or you can increase it yourselves with the help of this article https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

You can upload your theme via FTP. You can find an instruction in our documentation. It is very easy and efficient.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

igasp4air
    Participant

That is interesting but I had installed it already with no issues. But it wasn’t user friendly at all so I thought I’d uninstall. I was going to try it again and now it gives the error. Does this PHP setting change randomly without notice?

igasp4air
    Participant

I am as you suggested contacting my hosting with your instructions. Hope that is the fix.

igasp4air
    Participant

still did not work after fatcow increased the limit.

igasp4air
    Participant

I have now tried all your methods concerning upping the memory myself. still does not upload.

igasp4air
    Participant

my current limit is 64mb so basel should be a fine size at 21ish mb. But it still will not upload. I’m still trying to figure it out.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide your admin access.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)