Home Forums Basel support forum Yesterday's woocommerce update screwed things

Yesterday's woocommerce update screwed things

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Oscar
    Participant

Hello there long time no see
    Below you see my shop page. Before yesterday’s woocommerce plugin update I had only products listed. But after the update, on top of products list my main 6 categories’s images appeared -which I dont want them to appear there.
    – Aslo on the 2nd page you ll see subcategories. Which before update used to display only category images. But after update it displays category images + then products list. But I want only category images listed there as before yesterday.
    Why do you think these changes happened. And how can I go back to previous state as before yesterday please.
    Basically I want my shop page displays ONLY all products
    And category pages display ONLY sub-category images, thats all
    Please help thank you

Oscar
    Participant

If you like please have a look
    please

Oscar
    Participant

Also can you please have a look at this page below, after update this appeared please see bottom of the page
    basel/woocommerce/archive-product.php 2.0.0 is not updated etc….etc….

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, update the theme to the latest version firstly. To update the theme you need download the latest version on ThemeForest -> Downloads. Then just reupload new theme via Appearance -> Themes but install this plugin firstly https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

Regards

Oscar
    Participant

Thnx Actually I knew because of old theme files but yeterday I looked at into themforest page of yours there was still old version 3.8 Now you have 3.9 I downloaded all ok now.
    BTW I installed that plugin you said above but I cant see any page or settings of that plugin its like hidden somewhere and what does it do? Do I really need that?
    And 2nd question: Each time you update theme what I do is this: I download your zip file, I upload it to my theme folder, I rename the current basel as old basel, then I extract the basel.zip then I check all works so I delete the oldbasel folder. Instead of that, shall I do this: Appearence/Themes/add new theme/upload zip file … adds as a new theme, I select that as new theme then I select my existing child theme? Which one is better or does it make difference? Which way you do? or recommend? thanx mate. (btw next time I ll wait for your theme update then I ll update the woocommerce)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. This plugin doesn’t have any extra settings.

2. You can update it in the way you do now. It will allow you easily restore the previous theme version.
    If WooCommerce releases major updates like 3.5, 3.6 or 4.0 it is usually better to wait for the theme update. We always trying to release it just in a few hours.

Regards

Oscar
    Participant

Thanx
    so wht that plugin do?
    why do we need it?
    thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This plugin allows you to reupload the theme without removing the previous one. But if you rename your old version folder before the update so you don’t need it at all.

Oscar
    Participant

One last question please
    I did tools.pingdom.com speed test for my site
    All good but only it says remove query strings from static resources
    How can I do that? please have a look at below thanx:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Oscar
    Participant

Thnx very much good friend

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Yesterday's woocommerce update screwed things’ is closed to new replies.