Home Forums WoodMart support forum ACF, product page & compare

ACF, product page & compare

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

fcoerezza
    Participant

Hi,
    I need to add some ACF fields in the product page, in a new TAB.
    Besides, the same fields should be displayed as additional fields in the grid layout of the shop page, and also displayed in the compare page.
    Could you please tell me how to do it, or advice me with some docs to read?
    thank you

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by fcoerezza.

Hello,

WoodMart works either with Elementor or WP bakery page builder allowing you to create any template.

Please consider using the Woocommerce builder of WoodMart allowing to create custom templates for product pages and other functional pages that are not editable by default. Woocommerce builder is the inbuilt functionality widget included in the builder you use on the site. You can create a custom layout in the page builder as per your need.

Please check this manual: https://xtemos.com/docs-cat/woocommerce-layouts-builder/?theme=woodmart and https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/single-product-page-builder/

Here is the documentation about ACF:
    https://www.commercegurus.com/woocommerce-acf/
    We have not tested the WoodMart theme with this solution. We cannot guarantee full compatibility.

Best Regards.

fcoerezza
    Participant

ok, thank you. I’ll try to create a new template using the Woocommerce builder. In case of need I’ll contact you again on this topic.
    What about my other 2 questions?
    1. look at the image attached. I want to display on the product box style displaying some additional fields (in the image attached there is the weight as example), with some of them coming from ACF as well … How can I customize the fields to display on the product box?
    2. compare feautures. Once I’ll create the new template, we’ll show much more info (fields) about the product, and I’d like to give the possibility to users to compare the products on multiple fields. How can I customize the list of fields to compare? as usual, I’d include also fields comeing from ACF …
    thank you

Hello,

You can use the elements that are available in the page builder. You can add the product additional information table elements in the layout.
    https://ibb.co/JkDL5s4

Here are the possible possibilities to add the elements in the layout that you can use in the page builder.
    https://ibb.co/5hTF5wX

Best Regards.

fcoerezza
    Participant

I ‘m working on a new product layout, and I created new tabs and I activated also the additional information tab. See image attached.
    my questions are:
    1. how can I customize the shipment TAB? there is any HTML block linked and I do not know how to customize the text
    2. I created 2 custom TABs in settings. I wanted to associate a HTML block, but I cannot insert the product page elements like the product meta. how can I do? any work around? I want to insert product specific fields
    3. additional information TAB. how can I customize the fields displayed in the TAB?
    tahynk you
    regards
    F

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

01. Please share the wp logins details of your site i will check and give you a possible solution.

02. Make HTML Blocks with page builder theme go to Theme setting -> Single product -> Tabs -> Additional tabs -> create tab and insert content type HTML blocks.

03. Edit product additional information table. In the data source you can include or exclude the information:
    https://ibb.co/4SmHvvL

Best Regards.

fcoerezza
    Participant

I think I was not able to let myself undertand …

1. you can find them in the private area
    2. this is exactely what I did. the problem is that, as I’m supposed to add this TAB on a product page, I need to add data specific for that product, not general text. Given that, how am I supposed to add product info if I have not the elementor elements specific to product? look at the image “compare” what I show you that in the template buider I have the product elements, while in the HTML block editor I have not
    3. in the product page template I tried to use 2 elements: the “product additional info table” and the “product extra content”. Well you can see the result in the images attached:
    – product additional info table –> I can choose between only 4 fields. why only these 4? how can I add more fields?
    – product extra content –> there is no content to edit. why? how can I customize the extra contents?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

01. These are the shop attributes. You can edit these attributes for each product in the edit product page.

02. Yes, there is no single product widgets available for the HTML blocks, because you can not set or use the specific block for the single product page, this is only availa ble in the Layouts because you can set the layout for the product pages by using the condition option.

03. You can add the extra content element and then go to the edit product page, in the bottom of the product setting section, in the layout tab you can see the Extra content block.

In product Additional information you can select the available field.

Best Regards.

fcoerezza
    Participant

let me recap, to see if I understood well:
    01. the additional info elements works only on attributes. so if I add attributes to a product, I’ll see the new attributes in the element. right?
    03. compare. it also works with attributes. so if I want to increase the values to compare, I must add attributes. right?
    02. extra content element. this is an HTML block that I can add at the product level, and this led me to 2 more questions:
    021. if I were to link the same extra content/HTML block to all products, and I have thousands of products, should I do manually 1 by 1 in the product settings page, or there is a smarter way?
    022. the extra content/HTML block, even if it’s linked to a single product, cannot contains the single product widgets, because you for some strange reasons doesn’t allow it. it can contain only generic information. right?

Hello,

1. Yes, the attribute will appear when at least one product has been assigned.

2. 1. You can set one and the same tab for all the products in the Theme Settings > Single Product > Tabs, or if you want individual content for every product you will need to insert the HTML block in every product.
    2.2. Yes, that is right.

3. For now, unfortunately, there is no option. You can add this suggestion to our feature requests.

Best Regards

fcoerezza
    Participant

thank you for the reply.
    just one remark. what do you mean with “For now, unfortunately, there is no option. You can add this suggestion to our feature requests.”?
    That actually only works with attributes or that I cannot increase the number of fields to compare?

Hello,

This one:

03. compare. it also works with attributes. so if I want to increase the values to compare, I must add attributes. right?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)