Home Forums Basel support forum After the footer ends on a Category Page the page continues by being blank/white

After the footer ends on a Category Page the page continues by being blank/white

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

prisona
    Participant

Hello,

When I open a category page in the website the first part of the page is okay and it finishes at some point. But after the footer that’s not the end. There is a a whole lot of space which is just blank, white. And then officially the page ends when you keep scrolling on white screen. See attached picture.

And another issue is for example in this link: http://wp1.crystal-zone.com/produkt-kategoriya/swarovski-crystals-vidove-kristali/kristali-za-studeno-lepene/

Try clicking on page 3 of the category. Initially it refreshes the same page (if you are on page 1 then it refreshes page 1), but meanwhile it keeps ‘thinking’ .. and some seconds later it opens the actual page that you’ve clicked on (page 3). Why is it that it refreshes the same page initially and it takes so long to open the page initially clicked on (page 3) ?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We noticed that your webserver is too slow and AJAX shop doesn’t work correctly for your website. You can disable it in Theme Settings.
    But better, try to find the reason why your site is so slow. It might be caused by some of installed plugins or customization made. Try to disable them one by one and analyze the speed. Also, check how it works with default WordPress theme.

Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As for the free space after products, it is caused by a large number of categories that showed in the page title. Do you need to keep them all? If yes, we will prepare some CSS fix for this issue.

prisona
    Participant

Thank you for your feedback.

WPML seems to be the plugin to be creating trouble, as usual. I’ll try to repair it somehow.

About the categories page. The problem actually is caused by the main category’s drop down subcategories. When you go from main category to sub category to sub category to sub category to
    actual product page and .. this takes all the space of the page. Even if I remove all the categories, but the main one this issue will still be visible. Is there a way to restrict the drop down of all categories ?

And if I want to exclude a category from the list how do I do that ? Without actually removing/deleting it.

Attachments:

prisona
    Participant

Actually now that I continue to work on the website it appears it’s not WPML that’s the issue.
    I have disabled all other plugins too, apart from the main ones. None of them seem to be the problem as the issue continues to be visible (the issue with switching pages and mixed up page results). So it may be caused, again (as with the blank page), by the categories. I’ll wait for your response on the issue and how to restrict the main category from opening all the subcategories.
    It’s happening because there are a lot of sub categories within one category.
    It’s like having a website for cars and the categories+subcategories would look like.. Cars/Audi/Sedan/A4/4-doors/Blue/Actual Product.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So do you want to hide all subcategories from that menu?

prisona
    Participant

1. I want to know how to manage these categories; meaning I want to know how to exclude some of them if I want to, is there an option like that ? Because not all created categories are meant to be in the menu usually.
    2. As per your question – it’s needed, because it’s creating issues. That means I need the main category name + 1 more line of sub-categories showing, not more as it is creating problems if it’s more than that. See attatched picture for how much is ok.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. You can manage your categories in admin panel -> Products -> Categories.

2. Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to fix this issue.

.color-scheme-light .basel-product-categories li .children {
    	display:none!important;
    }

prisona
    Participant

1. Yes, I know that, but how do I exclude them from here: Attached Picture 1
    2. Okay, I put the code in and it doesn’t display anything else apart from the category. Is there a way to do the same thing but for category + (first) sub category and then not to display anything else or this is the only way ?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Sorry, but it is generated automatically.

2. Replace with this one

.color-scheme-light .basel-product-categories li .children .children {
    	display:none!important;
    }

prisona
    Participant

Okay, this code is perfect for the job.

Sadly though the problem with loading category pages is still visible. Again I disabled all plugins and with only one it seems this problem to be gone. It’s a plugin called Redux Framework. When I disable it, everything seems to ‘fly’. With it .. it slows down. Meanwhile I see it’s a pretty important plugin for the theme. But that doesn’t matter when it creates problems.
    What is the solution for this as this is a theme plugin ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, so please, finally, describe the current problem and provide steps to reproduce. Also, attach your FTP access if we need to perform some debugging.

Regards

prisona
    Participant

The problem is that when I click on a category or on a next page of the category I am viewing the website refreshes twice. First time it refreshes with the current content, second time, about 5 seconds later it refreshes with the actual content that it is supposed to display.
    I made a video about it: https://youtu.be/jmE5d78SIiw
    The same problem, even though not that frequent or with that kind of delay in displaying the results is a website you have listed for your example pages: vog-boutique.com/.
    Check 01:10 and 01:34 to see the problem at their site. On mine it’s pretty obvious.

The problems are 1. double refreshing (first of which is wrong) 2. the delay in displaying results. And when you disable this Redux Framework plugin everything is fine. Of course, you can try and see for yourself. I tested all the plugins, only this one creates this problem.

PS: I purchased the theme 1/2 days ago and have done nothing but transfer 3800 products (with their categories) in the website and install some important plugins for me like the w3 cache/yoast/wpml. That’s it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is all because of slow website speed. The AJAX request can’t recieve a response in time and force page to reload. You can test it without AJAX. Disable it in Theme Settings -> Shop.

Also, after disabling some plugins it works better now. Please, check.

prisona
    Participant

Okay, thank you for your help and quick answers! This problem is gone now by disabling the AJAX.

One last question and sorry to keep you still activate on the ticket, but out of curioucity and future progress of the website what do you mean when you say ‘slow website’. The quantity of the products or something else ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We mean that server response is too slow. For the shop page it may take ~10 seconds. Here a screenshot https://gyazo.com/3f2cc08a061ea9ba0c40c5ee13b762e2

We can’t say exactly what is it caused by. You can check how it will work if you disable all plugins or switch to default WP theme.

Regards

prisona
    Participant

Okay, thank you very much for your help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘After the footer ends on a Category Page the page continues by being blank/white’ is closed to new replies.