Home Forums Basel support forum Basel Theme causing Shopping Cart Issues

Basel Theme causing Shopping Cart Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Hi There,

The Basel theme seems to be causing a conflict in our shopping cart.

If you go to our Production site at https://hnwgallery.com (where the Basel them is active and all the plugins are active); and if you add items to the shopping cart and then navigate around the site; you will notice that the items gradually disappear from the shopping cart until there is nothing left in the shopping cart.

However, if you go to our Staging site in the private area below (where the Basel theme has been deactivated, but all the plugins are still active); and if you add items to the shopping cart and then navigate around the site; you will notice that the items stay in the shopping cart and the shopping cart works properly.

In other words, after performing various tests, we believe it is the Basel theme that is causing this issue.

It would be greatly appreciated if you can help us with this.

I have provided the URL and login details for the Staging site below (where the Basel theme has been deactivated), in case it is helpful.

Thank you very much!

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and provide your site admin access or confirm the permit to deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme for the period of checking what may take up to 20 minutes.

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Hi Elise,

As per your request, I have deactivated all the plugins not related to Basel (please look at the Plugins page to make sure I did it correctly).

Furthermore, I have deactivated the Basel theme and activated the Storefront theme.

Please note that I made these changes for the following URL: https://hnwgallery.com/

Furthermore, I have provided you with NEW login credentials in the private area below.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Hello,

Now I have activated the parent theme and related plugins. I have added two products to the cart, I left the home page, entered the admin panel, then went to the front-end, visited a couple of products pages and other pages. I closed the site and opened it again and I still see the products which I initially added. Please check now. Then activate the plugins one by one checking which plugin causes the problem, finally activate the child theme.

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Thank you Elise,

We will perform these steps.

Can you please tell me where and how to activate the child theme?

Thanks again.

Hello,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > enter find and activate the child theme.

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thank you for the tip.

We went through all the steps and completed all the testing.

We found found no issues with any of the plugins. In other words, we activated all the plugins and the shopping cart is working fine.

There is an issue with the Basel Child theme. However, the Basel Child theme was not activated before (and we will not be activating it again).

In other words, everything is working fine now with Basel and all the plugins and the shopping cart. And we know the Basel Child theme wasn’t causing the problem, because it was never activated before.

Did you happen to find or fix any issues while you were logged in? I’m just trying to understand what the problem was..

I would like to thank you for all your excellent support. I wish every plugin had amazing, fast and knowledgeable support like XTEMOS.

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Hi Elise,

While we were testing the shopping cart issue, we noticed new content that appears in the shop filters widget area (above the products on the Shop page). This content was never there before, and it started appearing after the Basel theme was reactivated.

Here is a screenshot to show you what I mean:
    https://hnwgallery.com/fireshot-screen-capture-935-all-artwork-archives-hnwgallery-hnwgallery_com_product-category_all-artwork__filter_colorredorderbyrandom_orde/

And here is a link to take you to the same page:
    https://hnwgallery.com/product-category/all-artwork/?filter_color=red&orderby=random_order

Do you know how we can get rid of the content in the green boxes?

Thanks very much.

Hello,

This is the default filter and it cannot be removed in Appearance > Widgets > Filters

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global to get rid of it:

.filters-opened .filters-inner-area #BASEL_Widget_Price_Filter {
    display:none!important;
    }

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Thanks Elise,

The words “ACTIVE FILTERS” also started appearing after the Basel theme was reactivated.

Do you know how we can get rid of these words?

Here is a screenshot to show you what I mean:
    https://hnwgallery.com/fireshot-screen-capture-945-reproductions-archives-hnwgallery-hnwgallery_com_product-category_all-artwork_reproductions__filter_artistcraig/

Here is a link where you can see for yourself:
    https://hnwgallery.com/product-category/all-artwork/reproductions/?filter_artist=craig-barker&orderby=price#

Hello,

Navigate to Appearance > Widgets > Shop page widget area > edit/remove the widgets as per your needs.

The problem with filters occurred after the Woocommerce update. We shall fix this in our nearest update. You can add this code meanwhile:

.widget_layered_nav_filters .widgettitle {
        display: none;
    } 

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Thanks Elise,

Here is another issue you may want to fix in your next Basel update.

You will notice on this page that the Basel PRICE FILTER flashes when you close the SORT BY menu:

https://hnwgallery.com/product-category/all-artwork/reproductions/?filter_color=red&filter_artist=&orderby=price

If you know how to fix this issue now, please let me know. But if this is something that needs to be fixed in the next update, that’s OK too.

As always, your support is AMAZING. You are always very fast and knowledgeable.

I wish that other plugins had the same quality of support that XTEMOS provides!

Regards,
    Warren

Hello,

Please replace the code for the price filter with this one:

.filters-inner-area #BASEL_Widget_Price_Filter {
    display:none!important;
    }

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Thanks very much Elise!

That worked great…

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Basel Theme causing Shopping Cart Issues’ is closed to new replies.