Home Forums WoodMart support forum Blog – Single post design

Blog – Single post design

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

eddie
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a small issue. I was looking at the design you have on your online demo for the Blog Single post and it’s not actually quite matching with what I have on my installed version of your theme!

(comparison in the private) it’s simple to see, mine it’s missing the first bit, the Title (actually there is a title now because I added it manually in the Elementor page editor) but still the image it’s missing…. I can’t find the section to enable/disable this (title and image)

Also, do I have to enable the sidebar individually for each blog post? isn’t somewhere where I can enable it generally for all and then disable or alter/modify it for individual posts if needed?

can you please assist?

Hello,

I have visited your website.

1) You can enable the sidebar for the blog from Theme Settings >> Blog.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://prnt.sc/10qolk2

2) And the content in the sidebar can be modified from Appearance >> Widgets >> Main Widget area.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://prnt.sc/10qomwu

3) And for the title and the image Please Go to Theme Settings >> Blog and set the style to default.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://prnt.sc/10qoo0a

Best Regards

eddie
    Participant

hi guys,

I think it’s slightly bit more than that:

1. yes, that’s enabled on my side too, but that’s referring to the Blog main page (where you can actually see the list of posts), but for individual post pages it’s not working from here too (I can enable it or disable it from each post page setting)

2. it’s fine, I know where to edit the sidebar content…. (is it possible to add more sidebar templates, apart from the existing ones in that list? like having a sidebar dedicated for the posts itself..)

3. this is how it is right now! I have tried toggling between to see if it’s reverting; if I choose “Large Image” it’s doing it, displaying the image in the background, but when reverting back to “Default” it’s just not displaying the post title and image.

Thanks

Hello,

1) It seems that you have changed the settings for the blog by editing a single post. Please make sure that the sidebar settings from a single post is the same as you configured from Theme Settings.

2) If you try and add the different sidebar for the blog then you need to add it by editing each blog. Because only the main widget area works by default for all.

3) Please make sure that you have added featured images for all the blogs, then clear cache and check back.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

eddie
    Participant

Aizaz,

1. I might have changed 1 or 2 (most probably only 1) blog posts settings in terms of the sidebar! But the sidebar it’s not generally showing on non of them, it’s “inherit” selected, but apparently it’s not inheriting it from “Theme Settings > Blog” where it’s actually activated; unless I manually go there in edit the (each) blog post and enable it by selecting a position, either left or right. It might be disabled from elsewhere, but I have no idea where from mate! 🙁

2. I understand this, agree. I was just asking if I can add up more widgets templates apart from the existing 8 ones (Main, Shop Page, Shop Filters, Single product page, My Account pages, Full-screen menu, Area after the mobile menu, footer 5 columns), for example, if I could create another one called “Blog Post Widget area” where I could personalise other widgets to be displayed and use that only for the blog post pages? Obviously, this is just a question of Yes or No, not a request for now.

3. one of the blog posts (the one I’m playing/testing with) have also a featured picture but it’s not displayed. It’s not actually only about the picture, there are other elements missing, The title itself, the Category, and the picture! The whole section you have it on your demo, on mine it’s missing!

Hello,

1&3) Please provide the admin panel login details of the website to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

2) Yes you can create Custom Sidebars from Dashboard >> Sidebars then it will be displayed under Appearance >> Widgets.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://prnt.sc/10s68lg

Then you need to assign this sidebar as a custom sidebar for the page then it will appear for the page.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

eddie
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

thanks for the 2nd point! – I’ve seen it but didn’t tried yet. It worked! Thank you!

for the 1st and 3rd see the private section, please.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the third party plugins activate the parent theme then clear cache and check back.

If the problem still continues then leave all the third party plugins deactivated and tell me then we will troubleshoot with the theme plugins.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)