Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change Category text in Menu nav Bar

Change Category text in Menu nav Bar

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

TUMBEE
    Participant

Hello. I was following same answer on https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/categories-on-mobile-burger-menu/#new-post but i got lost. IO have been able to change the text “Categories” in the main theme. But I am looking for ways to make the changes in the child theme to avoid overwrite when I update the theme.Please help me out
    Thanks

Hello,

First of all thanks for choosing our Theme, we are glad to be you in the WoodMart WordPress family :-).

You need to copy the file you made changes from your parent theme folder to your child theme folder to make sure that your changes aren’t lost after the theme update.

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Should I copy just the template-tags.php or I should put it the a folder inc folder? Also after I do this how will I translate it to turkish?

Hello,

You just need to copy the file in the child-theme folder.

To translate the strings you need to install and use loco translate plugin.

You watch the following video in our detailed documentation on how to translate strings using Loco Translate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Well, I just dropped the template-tags.php in the woodmart-child folder it did not work Awan.

Hello,

Can you please send me the WP admin login details of your site and screenshot of your issue what do you want to change exactly so I will check and solve your issue.

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Attached is the sites login details.
    Secondly. I would like to add the wishlist icon side by side the add to cart button if possible add an icon into the button. Please see the image attached also.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You have not give me the admin access. That is why I am not able to access the WPML String translation and plugins and appearance section of the WP.

You can easily change these words from WPML >> String Translation.
    https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Also, you can change the theme default po files as well, please read here:
    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-change-the-default-language-po-file-from-en-gb-to-new-en-gb/

and here:
    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/mo-and-po-file/

Also, you can ask from the WPML support for this. There is no need to make the changes in the theme php files.

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Okay I will check it out. Thank you

Most Welcome!!..

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Have a wonderful day.

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Hello. I tried copying the file from the main woodmart theme to the child theme. I mean the inc/template-tags.php file. It did still no work. Basically I want to activate the categories menu but I want to change the word to Menu2 and the main menu from Menu to Menu 1. Please check my website on the mobile to see how I want it. For me to achieve this now I had to edit the core file but I dont want a situation in the future whereby I will update woodmart then the setting goes off. Please help

Hello,

Can you please send me the WP admin and FTP login details of your site so I will do it for you.

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Hi. We found a solution to the problem and also a workaround . Your theme is awesome :).

There’s one small modification we want to make. We think this is a HTML structure not sure if css can fix it but we still shoot. For product Hover on product setting in theme settings we selected quick. We absolotely love the setting but theres one functionality draging us back. We would like to impliment the same view for mobile on desktop. i.e Product images should have just the wish-list icon on the top right-hand corner of the images the way it appears in mobile. We have disable the add to cart on mobile and left just the add to wishlist we want to implement that on desktop also.
    Please help.

Hello,

We are Glad that you resolved the issue by yourself. You are Great!

Unfortunately, you could not make the same style of products for both mobile and desktop versions. Because the styles inherits from each other. It requires customization and this is beyond our limitations and support policy.

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Hi.Okay I think theres is a way this can be possible. Currently what I did on the desktop page is had to hide the quick view button for deskop with this css code

a.open-quick-view.quick-view-button.woodmart-tltp{
    display: none;
    }
    Now I am left with just the add to wishlist page. What I want now is disable the hover effect and make it static then change the radius of the bix in which the wishlist icon is sitting on to be 35px. I Think that is the way to go about it. Just deactivate the hover effect and make it static. I have searched but I cant seem to disable it

Hello,

To remove the on hover effect from the add to Wishlist icon you need to add the following Custom CSS in the Custom CSS for desktop area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS.

.woodmart-tooltip-label {
    display: none;
    }

To add border-radius you need to add the following Custom CSS code.

.woodmart-buttons.wd-pos-r-t {
    border-radius: 35px;
    }

Best Regards.

TUMBEE
    Participant

Hi. I just added the code to disable the hover but its still shows. The second code for the border radius is working fine. Please take a look at it

Hello,

I provided you with the CSS code to remove the on-hover Tooltip that was occurring. Unfortunately, you cannot remove the hover from it because it’s wrapped in the tag and we cannot change its behavior.

It requires customization and this is beyond our limitations and support policy.

Best Regards.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)