Home Forums Basel support forum Change Price Filter

Change Price Filter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

antonchaik88
    Participant

Hi the price filter is nice, but I’d like to be able to (1) set custom ranges for price points instead of the predetermined ranges your theme provides.

Better yet, (2) I’d like a dual slider for the price filter – if possible.

Could you provide help for (1) and also provide an explanation of how to implement (2) using hooks?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

Price ranges are generated automatically based on all products currently listed. Sorry, but there is no way to define your own custom ranges there. If you need price slider, you can use default WooCommerce price filter widget.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

antonchaik88
    Participant

Okay thanks but can you provide the hooks or filters applied when the price ranges are created so I can intercept and respond with my own?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can see and customize the source code for this widget in the file /inc/widgets/class-widget-price-filter.php. There are no additional hooks there.

antonchaik88
    Participant

ok thanks. Is there anyway to add filtering by categories?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, what do you mean? Categories list widget? You can use WooCommerce product categories widget to add this.

antonchaik88
    Participant

No I mean to add a filter by category instead of by product attribute, using the Basel filter?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no categories filter functionality in WooCommerce. Products may be filtered by attributes only. But you can use product categories widget if you want to allow users list products by category.

antonchaik88
    Participant

What is the product categories widget and why can’t I use it inside the filter?

Hello,

If you want to add a category widget to shop page use Shop page widget area http://prntscr.com/jd3051

Shop filters area is for filters only.

Best Regards

antonchaik88
    Participant

This is exactly what I wanted, thank you.

You are welcome. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Change Price Filter’ is closed to new replies.