Home Forums WoodMart support forum Error: Please fill the required fields.

Error: Please fill the required fields.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

appleteam.thailand
    Participant

Hi,

I am working on the reviews feature for the product. On the product page, a guest customer can leave a review. In order to submit the review form, the guest customer must fill in all required fields (rating, review text, name, and email).

However, when testing it. I click on the submit button without filling in any required fields, the site redirects me to the error page with the message “Error: Please fill in the required fields.” Please see the attached file.

You can try on your own demo from the link below.
    https://woodmart.xtemos.com/handmade/product/wall-photo/

Is it possible to make the warning message friendly for the reviews form? In my opinion, the redirect method will confuse the users and it is not user-friendly.

Regards,
    Apple

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Sorry to say it is the default functionality of woocommerce. There is no option in theme settings available for that. It requires customization and beyond our support policy.
    Hope you can understand!

Best Regards.

appleteam.thailand
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I can see there is a discussion in WP core.

In my case, I only use the rating, review text, name, and email fields. That means I have 2 options. One is to remove the “novalidate” attribute from the comment form on the single product page. So I can use the HTML5 validator from the modern browsers. Another one is to add the JS validation (jQuery or plain javascript) even though on the server side, the validation still does its job.

If I decide to enable the uploaded image on the review form, I definitely choose the JS validator so I have more control that way.

I have my own solution and thank you for your quick reply.

Regards,
    Apple

Hello,

Your issue been resolved or not? Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Best Regards.

appleteam.thailand
    Participant

Hi,

My issue is resolved. Please close this ticket.

Apple

Sounds Great! that your issue has been solved.

I’m so happy to hear you are pleased with the Theme and Support. XTEMOS strives to deliver the best customer experience, and it makes our day to hear we have accomplished that.

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Error: Please fill the required fields.’ is closed to new replies.