Home Forums WoodMart support forum Header builder issue ?

Header builder issue ?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

When I edit “Main header settings -> Style -> Background color” and set “opacity color (A)” less 100% (e.g 70%) then header don’t have colour at all (it’s full transparent background).

Greetings
    Szymon

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing problems with our theme. Our team is here to assist you and ensure that you have a positive experience.

In order to investigate the issue further, could you please provide us with your admin access? This will enable us to check your settings and identify the root cause of the issue. Rest assured that we will keep your information confidential and secure.

Once we have the access details, we will get to work immediately to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

One more error with the Header builder.
    When editing a header, changes its name to “Default header layout”

Greetings
    Szymon

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, provide us with your admin access so we can log in and check this on your side.

Thank you in advance.

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

I sent the access details in a private message to this topic.

Greetings
    Szymon

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there are no any access details from you on this topic. Admin access credentials need to be placed in a special field under the main message field called “Extra information (visible to moderators only)” (screenshot https://prnt.sc/lgmzskP88Kq2). Please post your info there.

We await your message. Best regards

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

OK, I send access details again (section extra information).

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Please also send us your FTP access so we can check why it doesn’t work on your website

Kind Regards

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

FTP access details in section “extra information”.
    I assume that the given issues (opacity color and header name) are general issues. So first check in your own environment whether these issues occur.

Greetings
    Szymon Kurek

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

We have fixed this issue on your site, please check now. It will also be fixed in our next theme update that will be released in next few weeks.

Kind Regards

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

1. the opacity color issue still occurs (I set opacity to 70% and the background is completely transparent).
    2. the problem with saving the header name when editing seems to be solved

Greetings
    Szymon Kurek

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

We have investigated the issue further and found that this issue is caused by a comma symbol placed inside the background opacity value (screenshot https://prnt.sc/rPd7VByf0Cjh). This change is breaking the background property because this value will work only with the dot symbol (video https://gyazo.com/058f6cb7acd42f10779a956d00f9a58f).

This issue is caused by a modified PHP decimal separator, which by default is set to dot, but on your server is changed to comma. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be completely fixed by the WordPress theme, because it’s related to server configuration. To fix this issue, you need to contact your server support and ask them to change PHP locale category LC_NUMERIC settings to the default value called C. More information about PHP decimal separator can be found in PHP documentation https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php.

Kind Regards

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

Thank you for your answer. In fact, it seems that the problem is what you wrote, but I would like to ask you to solve the problem on your side, because:
    – I cannot change server settings
    – I guess this can be done with some PHP function,
    – different decimal separators are used all over the world and it is rather problematic for everyone to change the server (most of them – like me – do not have such an option)
    – other elements work well with transparency, e.g. the entire elementor, but also yours (I put “Section title” under the slider on the website for a test, set the transparency for the colors and it works fine – take a look at it)
    Hence my request to look at this problem and try to solve it. Header transparency is a very useful option and it is a pity that many users lose this option

Greetings
    Szymon

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. This issue is also present in Elementor Builder. Here is an example of GitHub issue https://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues/10992 related to Elementor and decimal separator. For example, on your site, you can check the opacity property in the background overlay section which is not working properly on sites’ frontend because of the “comma” separator:

Backend: overlay opacity is set https://prnt.sc/z4F99vnp8okV
    Frontend: overlay opacity is missing https://prnt.sc/2ero-Mt7AEgB

2. Technically, we could add a function to handle separators, but since it occurs very often, it can degrade the performance of the site.

3. No one has written to us about this issue before, so if this problem is reported by our clients more often, we will try to find a permanent solution if it is possible without performance degradation or resetting existing clients’ settings.

4. As an alternative solution to your issue, you can overwrite decimal separator on WordPress level, by adding following code setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, 'en_US.UTF-8'); to your wp-config.phpfile and resaving your header background settings.

Kind Regards

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

1. is a thread from 2020. Currently there are no such problems in elementor – look at my website (slider – background under the letters). So elementor solved this issue.
    There is actually a problem with the background at yours, but it looks that the same color mechanism is used in the text color and works properly there (“section title” on page).
    2. elementor seems to have solved the problem and it did not affect its performance
    3. It’s hard for me to comment on how many people reported the error, maybe they just ignored it
    4. Ok, I’ll try this solution, hope it doesn’t break something else on my site…
    However, it would be good to solve this problem on your side because it does not look good that your software does not work properly on many servers.

Greetings
    Szymon

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

I added code setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, ‘en_US.UTF-8’); to wp-config.phpfile and resaving your header background settings. Everything seems to be working now. Thank you for your help.
    However, please think about a possible fix in the next versions.

Greetings
    Szymon

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

You are welcome. Thank you for drawing attention to this issue.

Kind Regards

szymon-0481
    Participant

Hallo

Please close this topic. Is there an option somewhere so that I can close the topic (this will allow me to control everything in case of many topics) ?

Greetings
    Szymon

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Header builder issue ?’ is closed to new replies.