Home Forums WoodMart support forum Linked header banner does not work

Linked header banner does not work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

metuza
    Participant

Hello,

I have 5 websites and just found that the linked header banner does not work in safari Iphone mobile. Tested on Ipad and there it is working ok.

I have deactivated all plugins and done my tests again but no luck in Iphone / safari. Same issue on all 5 sites.

Brgds
    Rune

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

May I request you send me a screenshot of the issue for a better understanding?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

metuza
    Participant

Hello,

Well, you can not see it from a screenshot. So i’ll explain the issue better. You have the option to set a banner link in theme settings -> general -> header banner. But this link does not work in Iphone mobile. If you click in the header banner nothing happens.

I have also tried to add my promotion into the banner editor linked like this <a href="url-goes-here">Promotion text</a> but also this fails to work in iPhone. Clicking the link or banner itself and nothing happens.

If you have an iPhone you can ofcourse test on my site.

I have not been able to test using other mobiles, and as mentioned it works on the bigger iPad.

Brgds
    Rune

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by metuza.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have checked on Iphone one of the websites that you mentioned in the private area, and seems that the Header banner link works there.

Video from Chrome: https://take.ms/HvkMA
    Video from Safari: https://take.ms/HrriiM

Please try to clear the browser cache on your mobile and recheck the issue. If it doesn’t help you, please clarify which IOS version you use and make a video from your side.

Kind Regards

metuza
    Participant

Sounds great, then i can relaxe a little bit 🙂 Yes, i empty cache atleast once per day and IOS is 15.5.7.
    Just tried to install Firefox but the same issue there. So i will look deeper into my phone and test with some other phones.

No need for a video as it does not show anything, as mentioned absolutely nothing happens when i click in the banner. And no JS errors etc.

Brgds
    Rune

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok. Let me know your testing results.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards

metuza
    Participant

Hi again, Luke!

Well, i have found that all newer iPhones has no problems and in regards to apple forums the problem appeared with IOS 15.5 – There was more than 400 posts about similar problems. Some had found the solution in the Safari -> advanced settings -> experimental. But hundreds of options and no one remebered what they had changed.

I guess we just have to realize that the days for iPhone 7 has ended 😉

Brgds
    Rune

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Understood. Thank you for the investigation.

Always remember that you can reach out to us with any questions you may have.

We wish you a splendid day!

Kind Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Linked header banner does not work’ is closed to new replies.