Home Forums Basel support forum Multi-Step Checkout plugin

Multi-Step Checkout plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

criadura
    Participant

Hi

Is there a multi-step checkout plugin which is compatible with Basel Theme?
    The free one from YITH is not useable with Basel.
    Did you run any tests for example the multi-step checkout from Woocommerce Germanized Pro?

Thanks,
    Zsuzsanna

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, we didn’t test these plugins with our theme and are not aware of incompatibility issues. Could you please describe what problems do you get using them? We will try to help you fix them.

Kind Regards

criadura
    Participant

Hi

For your information.
    I tested a lot but almost all plugins were not working properly I believe basicly they are weak in function independent from the theme. Woocommerce Germanized Pro is yearly 69 EUR but just to have multistep checkout without using other functions is too expensive however it offers the most advanced checkout. I purchased ARG Multistep checkout on Codecanyon for 19$ and it works also with Basel Theme. So it can be a good value for others who use Basel Theme. It is a legal requirement in most European countries (including Switzerland) for webshops to offer multistep checkout so it might be a concern to keep Basel compatible with at least one plugin or you could implement the multistep checkout in Basel directly. You did really amazing job with this theme and I believe it would be easy for you and a very good marketing.
    If you want to check out how the ARG plugin works I’m happy to give you an access to my test environment.

Cheers,
    Zsuzsanna

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Do you mean that we can integrate this plugin with our theme and provide it with theme purchase?

Regards

criadura
    Participant

Hi

Yes, it is just an idea because it think it would make Basel more unique. As it is a legal requirement in Europe that the customer must have the possibility to review the address, product and price details before he clicks the Buy now button we shop owners need a reliable and affordable multistep checkout solution. I still needed to make changes in the ARG checkout.php code so that it looks better but now I am satisfied. I really think you could even improve this plugin integration with your skills and the theme would only benefit.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

There are too many plugins that may be useful for our customers but we don’t have plans to rich our theme with a bunch of additional plugins. We can just suggest them to our users if they are fully compatible.

But anyway, thank you very much for your information. We will take it into account 🙂

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)