Home Forums WoodMart support forum Pajax error timeout

Pajax error timeout

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

Hello, when going onto complex shop pages without them being cached, the ajax loading fails and the page reloads very slowly.

I noticed a pajax timeout error, how could this be resolved?

All plugins disabled, set the theme to default and not child.

When child theme is selected it doesn’t do that at most categories, but some still seem heavy enough to cause that.

Links attached in the mods area.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    Elementor/WPBakery page builder

Thank you in advance

Alex
    Participant

Yes that has been done

Alex
    Participant

Here is access:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Disable the cache as well, please.

Alex
    Participant

No cache is present, isn’t there? First link should have been the staging and not the “live” version (attached url)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t see the timeout error there now. It loads in 1-2 seconds https://gyazo.com/2d005415ba3c4b9222d0d4fe9116f5a1

Alex
    Participant

Try clicking from /racewear to /racewear/race-boots

Some times it refreshes, other not.

Refreshed on my end, it is all a matter of if it will take more or less than 5 seconds.

Not sure what does the most delay, now if I enabled the plugins, this will be reloaded every time, even if I switch to the child theme where some custom code has been applied.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you want, we can give you a snippet to increase the timeout but it is not recommended. You need to check why the response time is so high. It shouldn’t be more than 5 seconds.

Alex
    Participant

That would help as a temporary solution, 10sec would not hurt would it?

Others things in mind from vanilla perspective:
    1) Images must be part of the issue, there are some large ones which might be causing some of the delay, not sure how much however.
    2) I wonder what are the recommended Woo image sizes/thumbnails for the shop page
    3) Is Woodmart doing any processes on first time a specific shop page is loaded? It seems the next reloads are faster. Swatches? Transients?
    4) If there is anything else you might have noticed I am full of ears.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can add the following code to the functions.php file in your child theme to increase it

add_filter( 'woodmart_pjax_timeout', function(){
    	return 10000;
    } );

1. & 2. Images size doesn’t affect the server response time at all.

3. Try to compare this with the default theme and see if there is any difference.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

Thanks for the snippet, that could kinda fix the issue since the refresh load time takes 15 seconds compared to the extra 5 seconds with ajax.

However this is weird. Seems like the complexity and the number of the variable products might be causing huge delays since less dense and simple product categories load instantly, how could this issue be mitigated?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

Alex
    Participant

It did load faster with the default storefront theme. But it has much less stuff. Perhaps it is the server that is the issue (it is a vps with more than enough resources).

I am unsure of how to proceed with this, could you take a look and let me know of what makes it load that long?

Seems it is a bit of everything to be honest.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Can we switch between themes and disable plugins on your website to test the response time?

Alex
    Participant

Feel free to do so, most plugins other than a checkout autocomplete one are disabled.

Regarding the theme, there are some modifications made in the child theme but they do not contribute to more of a second of delay.

Please check pages with heavy variable products like the one attached.

Thanks a lot!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your FTP access as well.

Alex
    Participant

FTP access attached

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have investigated this on your website and found no critical issues. Note that when transients (cache) are expired or removed it takes more time to generate the product grid. It is a bit longer than the default theme because you have 48 products per page. Try to reduce this number to 12 or 24 products and test how it works.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

Hello Artem, thanks a lot for investigating.

Seems like the complexity and number of variable products is too much, for example some pages have variable products only, each of which have 60 variants x 48, that is a lot. I am however, unsure of what is being loaded from these, but, these pages are the slowest.

My question is since there are more than enough resources from the vps server to handle 48 products per grid (6 cpu cores, 16gb ram) and max utilization is not reached, what is bottle necking the loading of them? Shouldn’t these resources suffice to handle 48 products per grid in decent time?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

PHP utilizes only one CPU core so it doesn’t matter how many cores you have. Anyway, it will take more time than usual so we recommend you either disable swatches on the grid or reduce the number of products per page.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

I see, so upgrading the server would not do much.

Disabling swatches is not an option since we really like this feature, reducing the number of products per page is an option, but even with 24 products vs 48, the performance isn’t great, though much better than with 48.

Anything else you would suggest for our case?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We don’t know what else to suggest you to in this case. It is not something related to the theme. Even with the default theme with an increased number of products per page, it takes longer than it should.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

Hello Artem,

If turning on and off swatches makes the difference in loading time, perhaps something could be optimized there? Perhaps transient cache preloading?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, but swatches have cache already. But this cache is cleared when you do some changes in your products. There are no other ways to improve this part.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

I see,

Then upgrade to a server with higher single core clock speed could be a solution.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We recommend you also pay some attention to your database performance. It may affect the response time also. Unfortunately, we can’t advise you on its configuration because it is out of the theme scope.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

Sounds good, thank you for all the info.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Pajax error timeout’ is closed to new replies.