Home Forums Basel support forum PHP Fatal Error after the update

PHP Fatal Error after the update

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Participant

Hi there,

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare basel_lazy_loading_deinit() (previously declared in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/themes/basel-child/functions.php:41) in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/themes/basel/functions.php on line 322

Please provide us a solution to fix the issue asap. Thanks!

Giulio
    Participant

I fixed it by myself. I downloaded the new child theme function.php and overwrite the previous. Next time – please – tell us that something changed.

Hello,

You can find the information here https://themeforest.net/item/basel-responsive-ecommerce-theme/14906749

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

Where is it written that the child theme must be updated? I did not see that information here.

Hello,

You need to update the parent theme as soon as you get the notification on an update.

You need to activate the license.

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

I did’t know that it was necessary to updates also the child theme at every theme update. Is it fine overwrite only the function.php? Thanks!

Hello,

Do not update the child theme. Do not touch it. Please update THE PARENT THEME AND ALL THE RELATED PLUGINS.

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

I usually do not update the child theme. But this time I had to update its function.php, because it was changed (after the parent theme update the web site crashed). So – I ask again – how I can know when it is necessary to update the files relative to the child theme? I do not like the PHP Fatal Errors.

Hello,

You should have updated the theme and related plugins. Updating the child theme may cause to losing all the customizations.

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

It is clear that we do not speak the same language 😀 As I told you, a pair of days ago I updated the parent theme, as I always have done. But it caused a PHP Fatal Error (that one that I reported inside my first message on this thread). I fixed the issue ovewriting the function.php of the child theme, downloading the child theme manually by ThemeForest, unzipping it and ovewriting the file. The cause of the PHP Fatal Error was that inside the old child theme function.php there was some strings that there aren’t more inside the new child theme function.php. Is it clear now?

Hello,

It is absolutely clear now. Do you have any problems now?

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

Yes, now it works normally. But the question remains. Is there a way to know if the child theme needs an update?

Hello,

The child theme does not need any updates provided all the code you are adding to the theme is correct.
    If you have added a wrong code, you just need to remove it, instead of updating not to lose your modifications.

Best Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)