Home Forums WoodMart support forum Use Main Image in Cart (not variation)

Use Main Image in Cart (not variation)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

flossymoo
    Participant

Hi all!
    I need to show the main product image in my cart page, not the variation image as the variation is just a colour swatch. I need to show the product main image instead. How can I make the theme show the main product image instead of the variation image?

Thank you for your help!
    Flossy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It is standard WooCommerce behavior and there is no option to disable this. Try to apply the solution suggested here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42941816/showing-the-main-product-image-in-the-cart-thumbnail-instead-of-the-variation-i

Kind Regards

flossymoo
    Participant

Thanks, Artem! I tried this in the functions.php file, but it comes back with an error saying it won’t update that file, that there’s an error in communicating with it. Is there some reason why the functions.php file won’t update via the dashboard in wordpress? Any ideas? Thanks!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a screenshot of the error and how your file looks when you try to save it?

flossymoo
    Participant

Sure, attached. You can see the code I am adding (from the referenced site), and the response when I try to save it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to edit files using FTP or via your hosting control panel. If you don’t have this information, contact your hosting provider for help.

flossymoo
    Participant

Thanks, Artem! Managed to get it to take, but now I come back with ‘Nonce_Failure’. I’m no genius, but I am guessing there’s something wrong with the code from that page that you referenced, but I don’t know what. I placed the code at the end of the functions.php file, as given:

function getCartItemThumbnail( $img, $cart_item ) {

if ( isset( $cart_item[‘product_id’] ) ) {
    $product = wc_get_product($cart_item[‘product_id’]);

if ( $product && $product->is_type( ‘variable’ ) ) {
    // Return variable product thumbnail instead variation.
    return $product->get_image();
    }
    }

return $img;
    }

add_filter( ‘woocommerce_cart_item_thumbnail’, ‘getCartItemThumbnail’, 111, 2 );

Honestly the end looks a bit odd to me, but I don’t know why. Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The code from the article seems to be correct and we don’t see any PHP errors. Sorry, but additional code customizations like this are out of our theme support scope.

flossymoo
    Participant

Thanks for your help – Knowing it was ok code was really helpful, and I managed to sort it out myself! I really appreciate the assistance! Happy Easter!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you! Happy Easter to you too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Use Main Image in Cart (not variation)’ is closed to new replies.