Home Forums WoodMart support forum How to add a "Recently viewed products"block to single product page?

How to add a "Recently viewed products"block to single product page?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mitrosha
    Participant

Hi team!
    I need to add a “Recently viewed products” block to all product pages.
    Right now I have a “Related products” horizontal block below the main product area. I would like to add one more horizontal block below – “Recently viewed products”.
    Help me, please.

Hello,

You need to add the appropriate widget to the Product category widget area in Appearance > Widgets.

Best Regards

Mitrosha
    Participant

Hi Elise!
    But the widget makes it possible to show either to the left or to the right of the main area. I don’t need a vertical view, I need to put it at the bottom and horizontally. Widgets have no display such area.

Hello,

1. Create HTML block https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/

2. Add the Widgetized sidebar element and chose the Product page widget area with the appropriate widget inside.

3. Add the HTML block to the Extra content area in the product page and configure the location https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/product-page-options/#local_settings

Best Regards

Mitrosha
    Participant

Elise, sorry, but I don’t understand.
    1. I made a new Html-block and chose there -> “Single Product page Widget area”.
    2. I opened one of the product pages and in “Extra content options” chose my Html-block, position “Prefooter”.
    So, this new block added but it is empty. Where is recently viewed?
    By the way, I need to make it is block for all products: for existing and new products too. Your approach will allow me to add something only for one specific product, but not for all at once.

Hello,

You will have to insert this HTML ID in all the products, unfortunately, there is no way to implement.

The products will appear as soon as you view a few. Follow all the steps, then go to the shop, view several products, then go to the product page.

Best Regards

Mitrosha
    Participant

Elise, I think you should consider this need in the next updates to the theme.
    I have been looking for a solution on the forum for a long time, and many people need this functionality. Unfortunately, manually inserting the Html block into each product is not a solution.

Hello,

You can insert it in the pre-footer it would appear on all the pages. You can disable pre-footer in the pages you do not need this widget. Or you can insert it in the Product page widget area sidebar, and it would appear in the sidebar on all the product pages. The Extra content area is a special functionality to create promo content on the product page and it should be individual.

Best Regards

Mitrosha
    Participant

Well, thank you, but it is not a good decision.
    My pre-footer already full =)

Hello,

In this case, you have two options: to add a shortcode to each product or show the products in the sidebar.

Best Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)