Theme Settings presets
Custom presets functionality
Our custom presets functionality allows you to create different settings for some particular sections of your website. For example: set different colors for different product categories, special layout for particular pages, custom fonts for selected posts, etc. Actually, you can configure almost everything on your website in different places.
How to create theme settings presets
All our presets can be created with a special interface in Dashboard -> Theme settings -> Options presets. From there you can see a list of your available presets, delete or create new ones.
Here is a step by step instruction on how to create it:
- Go to Dashboard -> Theme settings -> Options presets.
- Click on “Add a new preset”.
- Enter the preset name and click “OK”.
- Configure preset rules where you want to apply it. Click “Save conditions”.
- Select which options you want to override and uncheck the “Inherit” option for them.
- After configuring all settings click on “Save settings”.
To return to your global settings interface you can click on the button “To global settings”.
How to use preset rules
When you create a new preset all settings are inherited their values from global settings by default. So you need to select which options to override and configure conditional rules. There are five different types of rules for your preset:
- Post type – configure your settings for particular post types like only products, posts, projects, etc.
- Post ID – apply them to special posts or pages only.
- Taxonomy – configure custom taxonomy like categories, tags etc.
- Term ID – apply settings for special terms like tags or categories.
- Custom – list of special rules like 404 page, search, my account, shop page etc.
You can combine a few rules for one preset when you click on the “Add new rule” button. Don’t forget to save conditions when you configure them.